Tanks are blind in CM

If they are around infantry they spot fine. At least for the US in WW2.

CM_Normandy_21_09_2023_6_16_02_PM.png

CM_Normandy_21_09_2023_6_14_39_PM.png

CM_Normandy_21_09_2023_6_15_07_PM.png

I am back playing WW2 I regret saying Black Sea has been a huge disappointment. Units in WW2 spot better and are more effective from snipers to armor. Black Sea has been a waste of money. Ok if they have some patches to fix it, but the talk fest is all what is going on. Listening to customers is a pest for them. Fine with me welcome to ban me from the forums. Happy with WW2 but not with so called modern warfare. 

Edited by chuckdyke

1 hour ago, Grey_Fox said:

It is completely broken. Just look at this they get within 50 meters of each other in broad daylight and be doesn't even see it. It's laughable that anybody would consider this to be realistic behaviour.

Completely unplayable, I want a refund.

Nobody would ever claim there's a spotting problem in CM based on this example.

At least I never saw any complaints about flanking along a treeline, which obviously blocks line of sight.

5 minutes ago, Grey_Fox said:

I guess it depends on whether you think spotting in CM is broken or not.

well, I don't think it is broken. At least it works fine in nearly all cases.

My point was just that I would think it was pretty funny if I recognised people complaining about the situation in the video.

Actually I think it's more likely that someone would complain that his Ukrainian tank did not spot the Russian one even though it was driving straight past ...

11 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

well, I don't think it is broken. At least it works fine in nearly all cases.

My point was just that I would think it was pretty funny if I recognised people complaining about the situation in the video.

Actually I think it's more likely that someone would complain that his Ukrainian tank did not spot the Russian one even though it was driving straight past ...

Man, I'm just making fun of the people who complain that tanks can't see each other when 50 meters away by showing a real life video where one tank cannot see another tank that is shooting at it from 50 meters away.

13 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Making fun of anyone while sitting on your high horse is in poor taste. As Bulletpoint said, nobody complains about tanks being unable to see through a somewhat dense reeline like that (As in it's not grass tiles with trees on top of them). 

Sometimes bad opinions need to be shown for what they are.

5 minutes ago, Twisk said:

Is this really showing a bad opinion for what it is though? Its a real video and not even the game.

That's the point. People have been bitching and moaning for years that spotting in CM is broken because tanks don't spot something which is right beside them and shooting at them.

I'm showing an example of this from real life, showing that the CM experience is what happens in reality.

Edited by Grey_Fox