HOW TO MAKE A BIG MOD (TEST DUMMY LOG)

kohlenklau

ON MY PLATE...STATUS UPDATE

1. try to create the MAS36 rifle THIS IS KICKING MY BUTT

2. I asked a buddy to make the MAS 38 SMG NO REPLY FROM HIM

3. make the French canteen and finish all gear for French I CONSIDER IT DONE

4. tweak the German heer tunics, remove frozen meat button loop ribbons, etc. DIDN'T EVEN START THIS YET

5. Adrian helmet badge AWESOME JM DID IT

6. Char B1 Bis camo DIDN'T EVEN START THIS YET

7. make some tiny teaser scenarios for folks to try against the AI I GOT SEVERAL COOKING WITH AI PLANS

PM ME IF YOU WANT IN ON THE "FUN"...!

15 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I consider it as good enough. Maybe somebody else can do it better. But I will roll forward with this! :D

Oh I  didn't saw your txt before...

Do you want I try to find the MAS38 smg ?!

I don't know myself if I can do because this will be my first weapon, but I could try if I find one or if you tell me if this exist already in another CM game, because me and weapons I don't know the name, and if you give me green light of course ?!😉

Edited by JM Stuff

33 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Do you want I try to find the MAS38 smg ?!

Thanks but I must say that you should not worry to do that.

It is not worth the pain in blender.

I used instead a mod of an Italian Berretta SMG. It NOW has the magazine in the side. I will send a screenshot later.

I tried for several days with the MAS36 rifle obj format file but it is too much for my skill level. 

@Ivan Zaitzev   sorry Matias!

I then tried to buy a new model MAS36 for $29 on TurboSquid but there was an error at purchase and the website said no. But my bank says I bought it four times! uggggh

3 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Thanks but I must say that you should not worry to do that.

It is not worth the pain in blender.

I used instead a mod of an Italian Berretta SMG. It NOW has the magazine in the side. I will send a screenshot later.

I tried for several days with the MAS36 rifle obj format file but it is too much for my skill level. 

@Ivan Zaitzev   sorry Matias!

I then tried to buy a new model MAS36 for $29 on TurboSquid but there was an error at purchase and the website said no. But my bank says I bought it four times! uggggh

Phill I understand correctly you BUY models ??

I will try to find one on the net if you want ??

Edit I have here one  Dae model free if you want I can let it on your DroPhill ? 

Edited by JM Stuff

Just now, kohlenklau said:

well, I usually look for the free ones! This was on discount so I figured I would get it for a friend...(Brigitte Bardot)

check my txt above !!

ok the free models are perhaps not perfect but they are free Phill, never I would buy a model to play in a forum, I told you you are too cherry the french army 😄

Edited by JM Stuff

8 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Merci!

I got it. It is like the other free model from Matias. I cannot convert to mdr. Beyond my brain power!

I see lot of meshes from sketchup is sometimes difficult to regroup correctly and convert and  in mdr is sometimes the hell, I will have a view also on, in case I can help !

EDIT with witch one you want to replace it ?

Edited by JM Stuff

6 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

I see lot of meshes from sketchup is sometimes difficult to regroup correctly and convert and  in mdr is sometimes the hell, I will have a view also on, in case I can help !

I will not try anymore because it is always very difficult and eats my time. 

Instead I can work on some vehicles camo and make a map and write a scenario.

Just now, kohlenklau said:

I will not try anymore because it is always very difficult and eats my time. 

Instead I can work on some vehicles camo and make a map and write a scenario.

ok you decide, but please don t buy more, I told you I have more as 3000 free models, just asking, but if you like give your money...

About a half dozen people have expressed an interest in the mod and scenarios by PM.

Thank you for your support.

I am now tweaking and play testing about 5 scenarios. 

I am such a corny scenario namer. Oh well. SHOW ME YOURS IF YOU NAME THEM BETTER!!! :D

FR40 FRENCH TOAST

FR40 1914 DEJA VU

FR40 BUFLA TO THE RESCUE

FR40 LE MAISON DE GRAN-MERE

FR40 A REAL BARN BURNER

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last week or so of March will be the big "pep rally" for this mod (the Mrs is out of town for a visit to her children).

Before then I will send by PM or email a link to the first wave of scenarios to try with the latest cut of the mod. 

I will post some action shots as I play the modded scenarios with some of you fine folks.

DOES ANYBODY WANT TO CREATE A SCENARIO USING THE MOD? PM ME!

PM ME IF YOU WANT IN ON THE "FUN"...!

Edited by kohlenklau

I guess Steve must be right. The "new wave" of gamers want Ukraine and Russia or China and Taiwan. WW2 games and especially early war 1940 just are not the "bee's knees" with the hip steam slitherine PS3 nurtured crowd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is too bad. They gonna miss out on some soul food WW2 cookin'.

Trying to have a new PBEM tonight with my buddy @Heinrich505

A looooonnnngggggg skinny map. Approx 300 x 3000

in progress

6Vl6kmE.png

A fictional French armour attack. A few platoons of R35's and a platoon of CharB1bis enter on the west edge. Historically unsupported by any French infantry.

Gary only gets some light anti-tank defenses at the start.

But then he gets a platoon of PzIII Ausf F with a PzIV Ausf D and a PzII Ausf A.

Later in the scenario, when things get a bit dicey, he will get his darlings, 2 Buflas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The French objective is to cut the rail line at a <fictional> lovely little town called Saint-Grammont-sur-Merde

5KOxKzU.png

Edited by kohlenklau

4 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

A fictional French armour attack. A few platoons of R35's and a platoon of CharB1bis enter on the west edge.

We will be needing some action shots please Phil.  The Buflas make their debut (at least for me), excellent.  Let's hope no panzerfausts creep in alongside 😉.

By the way, I'm interested in the mod obviously but not sure I'm one of the 'dirty half-dozen'?  If not please add me.

5 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Trying to have a new PBEM tonight with my buddy @Heinrich505

A looooonnnngggggg skinny map. Approx 300 x 3000

in progress

6Vl6kmE.png

A fictional French armour attack. A few platoons of R35's and a platoon of CharB1bis enter on the west edge. Historically unsupported by any French infantry.

Gary only gets some light anti-tank defenses at the start.

But then he gets a platoon of PzIII Ausf F with a PzIV Ausf D and a PzII Ausf A.

Later in the scenario, when things get a bit dicey, he will get his darlings, 2 Buflas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The French objective is to cut the rail line at a <fictional> lovely little town called Saint-Grammont-sur-Merde

5KOxKzU.png

Saint Gramont sur merde if this has not be coded...I doubt 😉

Where can we download yours tests scen. ??

PS I will put all french helmets like I give to Stéphane, on your Phill box that we will be update to all.