Guess your best. CMFI Battle Pack...

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2023 at 2:46 AM, PEB14 said:

OK my guess wish here: the BP will be dedicated to post-Dragoon operations; one campaign will feature the French forces battling their way inside Marseille.

😍

This would be great.

5 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

we still aint heard squat diddly!

Seriously. What gives BF?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

STILL NOT A DAMN WORD ABOUT THE SUPPOSED NEW CMFI MODULE.

I GUESS THEY ARE TOO BUSY IN THE UKRAINE THREAD.

I am very curious what we will have news added, if this take so long that mean probably a whole news things, perhaps already a mix of help of "EuroUs" weapons, is to hope !?

8 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

I am very curious what we will have news added, if this take so long that mean probably a whole news things, perhaps already a mix of help of "EuroUs" weapons, is to hope !?

Well I don't know what you expect, but only a BP is planned: no new stuff, "only" campaigns and scenarios…

24 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Well I don't know what you expect, but only a BP is planned: no new stuff, "only" campaigns and scenarios…

To don't make confusion, it was to answer to Phill second sentence...(They are too busy...), I talk about BS "EuroUS" can only be help for Ukraine you have to thinking already about, if you read my text correctly, nothing to do with FI !

This is what I am expect !

23 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

To don't make confusion, it was to answer to Phill second sentence...(They are too busy...), I talk about BS "EuroUS" can only be help for Ukraine you have to thinking already about, if you read my text correctly, nothing to do with FI !

This is what I am expect !

Au temps pour moi. J'ai l'impression qu'on se comprendrait mieux en français… 😉

1 hour ago, PEB14 said:

Au temps pour moi. J'ai l'impression qu'on se comprendrait mieux en français… 😉

Une invitation bienvenue, mais ici sur le forum je propose de continuer en anglais, je reconnais cependant que certains commentaires peuvent parfois prêter à confusion, ceci dit je suis toujours ouvert a une discution.😉

Edited by JM Stuff

10 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Une invitation bienvenue, mais ici sur le forum je propose de continuer en anglais, je reconnais cependant que certains commentaires peuvent parfois prêter à confusion, ceci dit je suis toujours ouvert a une discution.😉

👍😉

• 5 months later...
42 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I guess still no word about a CMFI battle pack?

DEADSVILLE

On 1/30/2023 at 2:30 AM, Battlefront.com said:

2023 Combat Mission Events Of Note

2. New Content for CM2 Games

CMBN- new Battle Pack

CMFI - new Battle Pack

CMFB - expanded to include late war forces, including Commonwealth

🥴

• 2 months later...

I started this 10 months ago and I have not heard a thing. I am not even into battle packs. Maybe they can sell it to Steam dudes. 

QUESTION OUT LOUD.

Will scenarios created by fans on steam version of a CM title be able to be sent to bootie's site for download AND successful use by non-Steam CM players?

Edited by kohlenklau

@kohlenklauThat's a great question given that Steam members can use the mods and scenarios that we have created and posted off-steam! There should be reciprocity. Personally, given that PBEM was working find off Steam, from a player's viewpoint I see no use for a Steam version. I assume that it was a business decision, hope for greater market exposure, wider distribution etc. Understandable. 

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

Will scenarios created by fans on steam version of a CM title be able to be sent to bootie's site for download AND successful use by non-Steam CM players?

I don't have the Steam version of any CM title running here (yet), but I see no reason why the btt file can't be located in the Steam directory and sent off to Bootie in the time-honoured fashion.  Should work just the same I would think?  @BFCElvis can you confirm or deny 😉?

@Bootie would you happen to know if any submissions to your fine repository have been from Steam players?  I imagine you may not be able to tell, but just thought I'd ask.

Edited by Vacillator
Afterthought

4 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I started this 10 months ago and I have not heard a thing. I am not even into battle packs. Maybe they can sell it to Steam dudes. 

QUESTION OUT LOUD.

@Bootie can confirm this part but.......Neither Battlefront nor Steam would have anything to do with submitting things on Bootie's site. Any user made scenario, campaign or map created with the Steam version will work with all versions. The mission should be to get the word out to people that are new to games that The Few Good Men exists. Letting people know that there is a place they can share their work.

As a dedicated Steamist, I hereby pledge to honor the modding community and Bootie`s warehouse in one of my Steam reviews for the CM games! (However, the reviews will take some more time)

EDIT: On the thread topic: Yes, we do have an Anzio campaign in Gustave Line, however, it is a "What if" scenario and it's "only" about the breakout. It would be really nice to have the actual beach landings and the big German counterattack as campaigns!

Edited by Sunbather

2 hours ago, Sunbather said:

As a dedicated Steamist

Maybe you know if any Steam guys created and shared there in Steam some CM scenarios? I was briefly on Steam and played some Lock n Load ASL style games "Heroes of ...." and made and shared some scenarios. I then departed Steam and moved on. Internet issues on my end and I discovered VASL and vassal and Discord. 

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Maybe you know if any Steam guys created and shared there in Steam some CM scenarios? I was briefly on Steam and played some Lock n Load ASL style games "Heroes of ...." and made and shared some scenarios. I then departed Steam and moved on. Internet issues on my end and I discovered VASL and vassal and Discord. 

Unfortunately, I do not know that.

However, I think the base assumption leading up to that very question, namely that the Steam version and the Battlefront version (and then there's also a Matrix version if you will) are somehow different, is already misleading. There are thousands of games out there that exist simultaneously on many different distribution services (Steam, GOG, Epic, Ubisoft just to name the big ones) and quite a few of those games have mods. Until now I have never heard of any incompatibilty when it comes to mods just because you're on a different distribution system (which is exactly that: a distribution system). When it comes to Combat Mission, I can say that the game files are 100% the same (although the location of the folders is a bit different) so there is no logical reason (and isn't computer stuff all about logic?) for a mod created on the Steam "version" not to work on the Battlefront "version". It would be a completely different story when we were talking about different platforms (PC, Playstation, Nintendo etc.). What might make things confusing is that Steam, Epic, Ubisoft etc. are also called "platforms" sometimes (also by me) but strictly speaking that isn't correct.

PS: While I have you here, Kohlenklau: I know you make a lot of great content but only very recently have I dived back into Fortress Italy and saw that you've created 4 Crete scenarios AND a German winter campaign for 1943. This is absolutely great and exactly (!) what I was looking for when I reinstalled Italy. Thank you for that and all the other good you're doing for this community! (I am maybe gonna volunteer to make some scenarios for Israel 1948 but first I have to see if I somehow get my worklife consolidated in the next few weeks or months. I'll let you know then!)

PS2:

On 2/3/2023 at 6:40 AM, kohlenklau said:

GL Raging Buffalo is already Anzio I am 99% sure. IIRC that campaign had the first big scenarios I could ever finally play with the awesome PC my son built me for my 50th birthday. 8 years ago. Still the same PC. Maybe I get a new one when I turn 60...?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Edited by Sunbather