Guess your best. CMFI Battle Pack...

3 hours ago, Sunbather said:

When it comes to Combat Mission, I can say that the game files are 100% the same (although the location of the folders is a bit different) so there is no logical reason (and isn't computer stuff all about logic?) for a mod created on the Steam "version" not to work on the Battlefront "version".

Yes, that's what I suggested above and BFCElvis confirmed.  As he said though Steam users (and others I suppose) may not know about Bootie's CMMODS site.  Having said that, the first thing I do when I get a game like CM which I know has user-made mods, scenarios, campaigns is find out where I can get my grubby hands on them. 

On 12/16/2023 at 4:44 PM, Jarosak said:

it is not Devs job

I think there may be a misconsception of who is a 'Dev' here? 

Using Jon Martina as an example, he has previously done some great work on scenarios (I'm playing one - CMFB Hot Time in Hatten - as a PBEM right now), but as far as I know he is not an employee of BFC.  So is he one of the Devs you're referring to?

• 4 months later...

If there is an upcoming CMFI battlepack, then I hope is that it features more fighting from late 1943/early 1944 which was arguably the embodiment of the war in Italy (mountains, mud, bad weather, and not yet a strategic backwater) and is currently not very well-represented in the game.

The New Zealanders and Indians at Cassino?

The Free French leveraging the Gustav Line?

The Canadians at Ortona?

The Americans at San Pietro which was made famous by the 1945 John Huston documentary film?

On 4/20/2024 at 7:50 PM, Myles Keogh said:

If there is an upcoming CMFI battlepack, then I hope is that it features more fighting from late 1943/early 1944 which was arguably the embodiment of the war in Italy (mountains, mud, bad weather, and not yet a strategic backwater) and is currently not very well-represented in the game.

The New Zealanders and Indians at Cassino?

The Free French leveraging the Gustav Line?

The Canadians at Ortona?

The Americans at San Pietro which was made famous by the 1945 John Huston documentary film?

I think we already have the Polish in Cassino, so it's likely we won't get another Cassino campaign...

A French campaign sounds very exciting...

I would like to see more of the French. I think Steve announced that the focus will be on the oddball forces, so possibly not a specific timeframe. And the French seem to have the most unique equipment of any of the oddball factions, with most of the other Allied armies using the same organization and equipment as either the British or Americans. Specifically I would be thrilled if there was a campaign dedicated specifically to the French actions around Cassino (the Polish actions around Cassino are also pretty interesting, but they are already represented in the Gustav Line module). I also think the Brazilians are pretty interesting. They're organized like the Americans, but without the Garand to carry them, making them possibly the most firepower challenged faction in any of the games.