Price by Steam

Hi I am a big fan of Battlefront Series like everybodys here on the forum.

However, I was checking to buy the last cry of CM games CMBS by Steam, because I have a account and money are sleeping longtimes ago on this account, but, I dont find a game from Steam for the time that I am interresting, only that I am surprise to see the difference of price, I hope that what Steam present is a full operative game and not only an addons, but really I dont see what kind of addons they can have, so the price is very different, but I want to be sure that I will not have problem to install it, also that I would like to changing the place of my HD later, can somebody give me more infos about, opinions,...?? !!

Thanks in advance

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

4 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

I am surprise to see the difference of price,

Good observation JM, and another way of saying Steam has the modern game titles (and the bundle in particular) on quite an impressive sale price this week.  While I prefer the direct approach to BFC, this is very tempting as even the discounted BFC price is nowhere near as good as the Steam price.

I have never had any problems with Steam, and swapping where something is installed is very simple - just a matter of ticking a few boxes and saying where you want it.

Just now, Vacillator said:

Good observation JM, and another way of saying Steam has the modern game titles (and the bundle in particular) on quite an impressive sale price this week.  While I prefer the direct approach to BFC, this is very tempting as even the discounted BFC price is nowhere near as good as the Steam price.

I have never had any problems with Steam, and swapping where something is installed is very simple - just a matter of ticking a few boxes and saying where you want it.

(and the bundle in particular)

While I prefer the direct approach to BFC,

Me too I prefer the direct apporoach to BFC, this is for them also a good help to buy directly on the main place,

I dont want make a polemic and discuss about what is better but understand me, this is a little reluctant, and the temptation is great... !!

Thanks to yours added infos !

JM

Steam does regional pricing, making the games more affordable in non-USD currencies, and does regular sales. This makes CM far more accessible and creates sales which may not otherwise have occurred.

Another great benefit is that users do not have to check a forum to see if there are any patches as they are downloaded automatically, and steam will notify you if any DLC becomes available.

Edited by Grey_Fox

Just now, Grey_Fox said:

Steam does regional pricing, making the games more affordable in non-USD currencies, and does regular sales. This makes CM far more accessible and creates sales which may not otherwise have occurred.

is a good way to sell, thanks you !

Hope to dont have any problems in the future, in case I have to contact a service similar as "Helpdesk from CM" !

JM

22 minutes ago, Probus said:

The Steam price is good, but I still like having both versions. I will prolly stick with buying them on BFC or Slitherine. That’s just me though. 

agree with you but what is the advantage to have two versions ?

other thing Steam dont ask me any code, so I am a little wory about that if I have one day to install it again !

JM

On 10/11/2022 at 7:49 PM, Redwolf said:

The Matrix build is actually attractive because you don't need to worry about the max install count.

Neither you have to worry about this with the steam version. Also that one is easy to run on linux.

I took the plunge a few days ago and purchased CM Black Sea and the mission pack on Steam. My hesitation was on two counts. Firstly, I have with the exception of CM Afghanistan played exclusively all of the WW2 titled for a decade and loved them all. I wasn't so sure if I would like the modern combat stuff. I'll talk about that another time though. The second hesitation was installing CM games via Steam and perhaps not supporting Battlefront in the best way possible by purchasing from their own website. While I'm torn on that the whole process of buying and installing on Steam was easy and floorless. I will certainly be transitioning all my WW2 CM titles across to Steam when the option becomes available, and I will be making my future CM purchases via Steam for simplicity's sake.   

41 minutes ago, Aussiegrit said:

The second hesitation was installing CM games via Steam and perhaps not supporting Battlefront in the best way possible by purchasing from their own website.

If you buy from Battlefront you get the Steam key so they get the money and you still get access. So you can continue to buy on the site and then download on Steam. 

MMM

12 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

Just checked Steam vs the BF website with a few conversions between Australian dollars and US Dollars, currently the BF store is far cheaper for the CMSF2 big bundle, $81 USD vs $145 USD on Steam. 

Rule of thumb for any consumer, shop around.

May be worth checking again - steam has a 30% discount for SF2 now, at least for me.

7 hours ago, Grey_Fox said:

May be worth checking again - steam has a 30% discount for SF2 now, at least for me.

Now it's $164 AUD or $102 USD. <Shrug> Can't see how it's possible to align all the varied currencies at all times between multiple online platforms. Always going to be a degree of difference.