How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

6 minutes ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Schlottman using the 'C' word 😁

Heh, once again a word we - especially Steve- have been using here for months has found its way out into the world.  I am betting mainstream media will start using it in 24-48 hours.

I am not popping champagne until the UA pushes out a third axis towards Melitopol.  If they can cut that line and divide the two theatres the entire western front will likely collapse back to Crimea - and maybe beyond.  But let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. 

Edited by The_Capt

2 minutes ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Update map from MilitaryLand.net

Very conservative and probably not actual...but it is better to be realist than optimist. Only good things await you that way.😎

Some take-outs from reporter M.Ogdowski who spend years in Donbas and has good sources in UA military:

- Indirect signs of offensive were known week before- hospitals were emptied and blood donated; ammo was stored in volunteers' buildings, like magazines, smaller warkshops etc.

- There are rumours that other units, including Int.Legion are not yet commited on this front and may prepare something unexpected...

-There are visible lossess, but predominantly from gunshots and not artillery fire for the first time in many months.

-Still we should be wary not to be overoptimistic; sooner or later muscovites will manage to took control of this chaos.

2 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Heh, once again a word we - especially Steve- have been using here for months has found its way out into the world.  I am betting mainstream media will start using it in 24-48 hours.

I am not popping champagne until the UA pushes out a third axis towards Melitopol.  If they can cut that line and divide the two theatres the entire western front will likely collapse back to Crimea - and maybe beyond.  But let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. 

They still have a lot of uncommitted reserves. And if Belarus decides it wants out of the war and stops messing around after Lukashenko sees Putin's army failing, then those forces in the north will be freed up too.

6 minutes ago, Huba said:

More news. Looks like there won't be any defense north of Schevchenkove after all, UA might just roll to the very border:

Yup, they seem to evacuate Vovchansk:

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1568590512256327688

Rybar having total meltdown...🤣 Like some teenage girl influencer.

The Cause

Edited by Beleg85

11 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Site I go to published this today in summary of latest in the war:

"And really, this offensive is truly possible to all those Territorial Defense Force units stuck in trenches up and down the front for the past six months, getting slammed daily, oftentimes feeling abandoned. Their impossible heroism allowed Ukraines regular army units and 300,000 reserves to prepare in the country’s west, while Western allies equipped and trained them in proper war fighting techniques."

While we're feeling good about progress it's good to remember who's months of suffering and deaths made this possible. 

This is some exaggregation about "TD in trenches"  - all units sat in trenches and fought bloody, while new wave was trained. I would be say, new-formed "separate rifle battalions", which were attached to existing brigades or were used separately, suffered most hard. They had alsmost the same equipment as old territorial defense battalions of 2014. Not always they were motivated, because many of such infantrymen were taken from the streets in western Ukraine and single difference between them and LDPR mobiks was some better equipment (but mostly thanking to volunteers) and at least 2-3 weeks of training instead immediate sending to front. 

About the training - of "new wave", it had two parts. First in England or other Europen countries during 3 weeks and then a month in Ukraine. I don't know how theese troops were didtributed after finishing the training, because they alreday represented themselves as cohered military organisms. I doubt from they new brigades were formed. In "Frederikus-2" participated old known brigades.

Edited by Haiduk

1 minute ago, Grigb said:

After disastrous news more and more RU Nats turning to Girkin. Something like: I though he is crazy, but it seems crazy man was much smarter than everybody else.

Girkin is just new "юродивый" %) In times of turmoils in such type of people other want to see "voice of God" )))