How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

2 hours ago, Grigb said:

Interesting RU claim, that Izum is gone. No any other details but if true I would say RU either is abandoning Izum or already abandoned it. Or UKR took Lyman or road from Izum under control.

There are first prognosis from one PL leading UA experts (very pro UA), that Russians may manage to evacuate a lot of troops from Izyum pocket, even if they leave covering forces/marauders. They still have two roads left. This could change if Ukrianains cut the Lymań roads.

6 minutes ago, Calamine Waffles said:

They can evacuate the troops as long as they are generous enough to leave all the heavy equipment behind.

I think we all would like to think that, but they have a lot of fast-tracked equipment and good roads still. Unless there will be some civilian traffic there and heavyUkrianian units blocking it (not only SF teams harassing) we shouldn't expect some giant motti. I have those Falaise vibes regarding this...

Of course they will probably need to leave a lot of supplies and some troops. A lot of it depends on Lymań and if Russians will manage to contain panic. And after 5 days they should finally have those reserves somewhere at disposal, shouldn't they?😉

15 minutes ago, Beleg85 said:

There are first prognosis from one PL leading UA experts (very pro UA), that Russians may manage to evacuate a lot of troops from Izyum pocket, even if they leave covering forces/marauders. They still have two roads left. This could change if Ukrianains cut the Lymań roads.

Yes, that's what UKR command expect according to rumors. Though as far as I understand there is just one road.

Fun fact - yesterday Pegov bravely escaped from Izum. Today Sereda  (wagnerite reporter) bravely escaped as well. 

No Panic in Izum.

Edited by Grigb

13 minutes ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Upvote is not enough for this. All time classic, and so fitting!

In the meantime, claims about other UA advances are appearing one after another, but this one stands out among the rest:

FcSd3w-XkAAiSUK?format=jpg&name=medium

:P
Also, me last night:

FcSd0cGWIAURosI?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Huba

2 minutes ago, Calamine Waffles said:

"Mit dem Angriff Kadyrows wird das Alles in Ordnung kommen." — Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, if he spoke German, probably.

Haha, "Akhmat Sila" battalion will undoubtedly come to the rescue. It will turn the tide.

2 minutes ago, Grigb said:

Pegov claims that RU did not reatreat from Lyman but from his description it seems just one unit is left. I would say that UKR simply encircled RU unit there.

Hmm very interesting. If they managed to pincer the town (or more probably recon just ride out everywhere sowing chaos) Russians may be in worse position than we thought. If UA truluy cut Lyman road, the only good way Russians escaping Izyum can use is the one leading north paralleling Oskil basin. If I would be Ukrainian, I would already be zeroing HImarses, MLRS, Krabs and whatever they have on Lozove crossroad.

Maybe we will see some Highway to Hell in the end. 🤠

7 minutes ago, Grigb said:

Sorry, cannot delete quite above on the phone

RU claims RU military abondoned Svatovo in LPR (north from Lyman)

It is on the road Kypaunsk-Starobelsk!

Oh dang... it should be like 15 kms behind their supposed new defensive lines. I think we should wait for confirmation but this is extremely interesting news if true.