How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

So, the TB2s are still operating - along with other Ukrainian planes. Not sure what the calculation (or limitation for Russia) is behind not knocking out airfields.

Interesting place to follow the crisis. I appreciate the various global perspectives here. Thanks to battlefront for allowing it.

Edited by Maquisard manqué
Sp

9 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Sara Palin as Putin's mistress means the end of the free world.

I recall an earlier comment (from Page 82) about hanging a world leader upside down from a butcher's hook. Such an action surely, if committed by a Western nation, would mean the end of the free world.

As to Sarah, I'm doubtful as to her qualities as a leader, but she looked good on the tube.

1 hour ago, chuckdyke said:

Why should he invade? One thing Russia doesn't lack is manpower and Belarus is not known for its high-tech innovations.'

Looks like numbers aren't everything.

Russians, as this weird parody of German nazis, truly believed in their exceptional superiority and the ability to "solve the Ukrainian question" in 2 days - as evidenced by COUNTLESS statements of their soldiers in online talks with Ukrainian bloggers who all were like "we gonna take Kyiv in 2 days tops, whole Ukraine in 2 weeks and then we will kill you all, so that us russians may finally take back our lands".

The fact that the other side isn't just insurgents and civilians they are so used to murder and torture - but actually shoots back and kills them came as a shock to russians.

And while they are shocked - their troops suffer low morale and will to fight (again, russians are used to kill unarmed civilians and insurgents, not so much an actual army) - so why not plug that hole with troops from the recently annexed Belarus?

2 minutes ago, kraze said:

Looks like numbers aren't everything.

Russians, as this weird parody of German nazis, truly believed in their exceptional superiority and the ability to "solve the Ukrainian question" in 2 days - as evidenced by COUNTLESS statements of their soldiers in online talks with Ukrainian bloggers who all were like "we gonna take Kyiv in 2 days tops, whole Ukraine in 2 weeks and then we will kill you all, so that us russians may finally take back our lands".

The fact that the other side isn't just insurgents and civilians they are so used to murder and torture - but actually shoots back and kills them came as a shock to russians.

And while they are shocked - their troops suffer low morale and will to fight (again, russians are used to kill unarmed civilians and insurgents, not so much an actual army) - so why not plug that hole with troops from the recently annexed Belarus?

It takes three months of basic training to be a qualified green conscript. 

3 minutes ago, George MC said:

Russian comms. includes recordings of Russians in action  

What?

"For the 1st time in a modern conflict, the regular forces of Russia are communicating without digital mode, making them fully audible by everyone."

NUTS!

23 hours ago, Mft004 said:

Forgive me Aragorn. I'm in Northwest UK; only invisible strategic assets in my backwater region of the country so the risk of invasion, or in the worst-case scenario suffering from nuclear fallout, is minimal compared to say - a historical conquest highway like Holland. I'd forgotten that fear may be compelling some of you to get defensive. It's easy for me to sit here, watching over all of you, head in hands, tear in corner of eye, as blood is shed on both sides and countries nearby tremble. Perhaps if I was closer to the action, I might not be able to see things as clearly either.

Lots of Russians in the UK. And if you´re not Russian, it´s even worse. You´ve joined this forum since last Saturday and if you ask me, you have nothing to search for here. Vultures like you are not welcome.

1 minute ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Lots of Russians in the UK. And if you´re not Russian, it´s even worse. You´ve joined this forum since last Saturday and if you ask me, you have nothing to search for here. Vultures like you are not welcome.

Not Russian, though some ties to the US by family. And you spoke like a defender of a free, inclusive country.

3 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I didn't know that the leader of Belorussia is a world leader. I qualify him as an incalcitrant schoolbully. 

He's the leader of a country in the world, so he's a world leader. And like me you're in a free country of the Western world, with humane standards. You've recently indicated that you want to preserve the free world. So I'm going to take that as confirmation that you didn't mean to previously state that you think that the West should hang a world leader from a butcher's hook.

3 minutes ago, Mft004 said:

Not Russian, though some ties to the US by family. And you spoke like a defender of a free, inclusive country.

Remove your account, Mark, and annoy people with your rubbish on one of those Twitter, Facebook or whatever forums. This is a forum for those that play CM, they are welcome here, not the likes of you.

50 minutes ago, Maquisard manqué said:

So, the TB2s are still operating - along with other Ukrainian planes. Not sure what the calculation (or limitation for Russia) is behind not knocking out airfields.

Interesting place to follow the crisis. I appreciate the various global perspectives here. Thanks to battlefront for allowing it.

Who said they didn't try? In the first night they launched nearly a hundred missile strikes to take out airfields and air defenses (that's how I learned that an S-300 launch sounds like a salute pop and can be heard 30km away).

Most of those MISSED. Because russian precision munitions aren't precise at all.

Not to mention all our planes weren't there thanks to US intelligence and, quite possibly, are not operating from Ukrainian airfields.

Edited by kraze

9 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

He’s a troll. No one refers to “northwest UK”. Block him. 

Just now, Aragorn2002 said:

Remove your account, Mark, and annoy people with your rubbish on one of those Twitter, Facebook or whatever forums. This is a forum for those that play CM, they are welcome here, not the likes of you.

It's not annoying everyone. Some people like a 2-sided coin, not a 1-sided one. As I stated at the beginning, the other outlets you are mentioning now are dominated by a group that wants to see the world one way. CM encourages strategic thought which in no way aligns with bone-headedness, so I hoped to find better information here. And I have found lots of great detail here, from certain posters.

And once more, Aragorn, you and me might have to work together in a trench sometime. Let's keep it civil or those poker games won't be as much fun.

1 minute ago, George MC said:

He’s a troll. No one refers to “northwest UK”. Block him. 

That's how you insta-detect russians here too. They say "western Ukraine" and "eastern Ukraine", as if separate countries - they think in these extremely weird regional/directional ways.