kohlenklau CMFI North Afrika QB map-mod project

something I am messing with is to TRY to make stuff look more adapted for the North Afrika region...

Like the trenches. Here is V1.0 with just the soil changed. Next step is to ditch the wood and go with corrugated metal and metal stakes...? I reckon...

also dust up and lighten the sandbags...

cjdDMj7.png

Edited by kohlenklau

210806065433768798.jpg

I still have this problem !!
I deleted my French mod nothing changes!
I use the mod africa maybe it is he who does not work
besides, why don't you tag your scenario to have the house with a flat roof I am obliged to tag your scenarios?
Otherwise the idea is great "Les gars de Koenig" will still have to work miracles

Tiens voila du boudin , voila du boudin .....

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

have this problem

oh dang. I will take a look. It probably is a file that didn't get properly set after being in GiMP! I will fix ASAP.

@Falaise https://www.dropbox.com/sh/78rdti9d4gdr3ve/AABU6Gj3PbueCVIXvAOz8f5va?dl=0

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

why don't you tag your scenario

I can do that. Give me a while. I have gone back and forth on modtags when I was trying to make Quick Battle maps for Afrika. QB apparently doesn't "see" the modtags.

Edited by kohlenklau

Can we all say this together?

BFC CM trenches are a really poo poo  effort!!!!

They couldn't get the trenches actually down in the ground? Then try and work late one night and kick butt with an animation for crouching down and then coming up to fire with eyes just above the lip of the trench? Not in 20 years? 

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

Can we all say this together?

BFC CM trenches are a really poo poo  effort!!!!

They couldn't get the trenches actually down in the ground? Then try and work late one night and kick butt with an animation for crouching down and then coming up to fire with eyes just above the lip of the trench? Not in 20 years? 

Repeated every time I look at the dang things, and those blinking foxholes. I actually tried last night to see if I could figure out how to get the foxholes deeper into the ground using Blender, but nothing I could do would get me to the underverse. All I managed was foxholes with lower walls and floating sandbags, arrggghhhg! I'm guessing there's either something hard coded into the engine that says nothing below ground level or it's a metadata thingy.

a little experiment. I 3D modded the trench in Blender. Made it taller on the wall area. BUT dropped the floor back down. THENNNN I placed it in a certain elevation pattern on the map. @Blazing 88's calls it the "firing pit"...

Oh, the weird bluish color is my work in progress with corrugated metal sides versus wood. Have you been to Home Depot lately? Wood prices skyrocketed. Free French gotta do this on the cheap! Rusty old corrugated metal from WW1.

Some of the dudes are staying standing! Amazing.

bJKWSXl.png

Edited by kohlenklau

30 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

a little experiment. I 3D modded the trench in Blender. Made it taller on the wall area. BUT dropped the floor back down. THENNNN I placed it in a certain elevation pattern on the map. @Blazing 88's calls it the "firing pit"...

Oh, the weird bluish color is my work in progress with corrugated metal sides versus wood. Have you been to Home Depot lately? Wood prices skyrocketed. Free French gotta do this on the cheap! Rusty old corrugated metal from WW1.

bJKWSXl.png

we have to see the behavior but I think you achieved what many wanted !!

génial

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

It is really like this, my other image was wrong. I had both options but the below is the one you actually see.

rO7w9we.png

EDIT: ...and I can post an image but it seems all the Colin Kopernuck guys got up off their knees!

Man o man, I think you've cracked it, you need to show this to @RockinHarry, he don't like the old trenches either ...

The fact that your Frenchmen are all standing is also outstanding. Presumably they do this to see over the edge of the ditch ditch not the raised wall. Many had tried trenches in ditches previously, but it just looked wrong still, remodelling the walls is what it needed.

What happens if you make the ditch 2 metres below the surrounding ground level and raise the trench floor up a little to compensate, essentially making a level difference of about 1.5 metresish, or is the trench floor actually the ground?

Anyway, fantastic thinking outside the box Sir, I salute you!

BLENDER TIP FOR CM WORK (for anybody that is listening or cares!): For my knowledge/skill level in blender, after I scale anything <like this trench>, it loads/loaded in the game and somehow (will go)/goes to a high elevation. I counter this by importing an unchanged flavor object and making the trench the child  of the flavor object, my go to is the simple "rock1"

I then can alpha layer the rock1's usual bmp so you cannot see it.

Edited by kohlenklau

6 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

BLENDER TIP FOR CM WORK (for anybody that is listening or cares!): For my knowledge/skill level in blender, after I scale anything <like this trench>, it loads/loaded in the game and somehow (will go)/goes to a high elevation. I counter this by importing an unchanged flavor object and making the trench the child  of the flavor object, my go to is the simple "rock1"

I then can alpha layer the rock1's usual bmp so you cannot see it.

... but keeping the trench as trench.mdr? Not making it into a flavour object?

Must be some magical properties in the rock that anchor the trench to the ground again. I will have to take a look at this myself. I certainly had stuff float off into strange places in the past when I Blended them, maybe scaling is why.

Have fun with the PROTOTYPE if you wish. I see the below issues and will address:

1. soldiers die and are partially buried

2. the usual weird legs up at an angle when prone in the tench. I think I always see that with regular trenches. Right?

3. some 3D faces need a face, 3D issues I can rectify.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7pzog4ahsbweknq/AADZ_FfAqN-zJyfyR3gVI_wpa?dl=0

6 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

... but keeping the trench as trench.mdr? Not making it into a flavour object?

Yes, trench1 [birhakeim].mdr. Hey Lucky, please feel free to open in Blender and change it! Run with the ball and score a TD! This is football, not golf. I always try to cooperate with other forum guys! :-)

10 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

1. soldiers die and are partially buried

This is a good thing, save the grave detail a job. (Sorry, morbid humour)

12 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Have fun with the PROTOTYPE if you wish.

10 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Hey Lucky, please feel free to open in Blender and change it! Run with the ball and score a TD! This is football, not golf.

I will do that for sure! 

11 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I always try to cooperate with other forum guys! 🙂

This is what makes it all so worthwhile!

3 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

bJKWSXl.png

D'oh!.... "Weapon Pit" 🙂