kohlenklau CMFI North Afrika QB map-mod project

9 minutes ago, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

Great to see a legend getting into this

A legend! Oh my lord. 🙂

I am enjoying to try things with Blender. I have more ideas than skills. By the way, a couple weeks back Stan Bobovyc replied back to a PM I sent him. He is busy with real life stuff. Best wishes to you!

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

A legend! Oh my lord. 🙂

I am enjoying to try things with Blender. I have more ideas than skills. By the way, a couple weeks back Stan Bobovyc replied back to a PM I sent him. He is busy with real life stuff. Best wishes to you!

I hope you could fix it now,... (in case this happend one day to me, that I can knock on your door !) 😆

This isn't even the HUGE ARSE map for desert warfare set at the maximum of 3488 meters in width by 5126 meters in depth.

This is just BIG MAMA EL MECHILI ~3000m wide by ~1500m depth 

<<just recently decided to increase it due to German and Italian "infiltrators" in the Gardner's Horse scenario, still working on the wadi and roadnet and "undulations"...>>

KS7bNxS.png

Edited by kohlenklau

That's the great thing about the desert.  One can have those long LOS where the famous 88mm can be used the way they were historically.  The short range "knife fights" that predominate just about all other CM2 title scenarios gets repetitive and boring.  When most of one's LOS are about 100m, it makes players wonder why all WW2 units were not issued with lots of SMG's.

CMSF at least shines in this respect - eg: George MC's xnt scenarios on similarly huge maps.  And as is obvious we already have the terrain, so all power to you Koh, to develop some units we can mess around with in the desert maps

• 4 weeks later...

Re mods of Stugs and maybe others, I just saw newsreel video of them (from Amazon Prime's "Tanks" series) rolling by the camera and it was clear that spare track lengths were mounted along the lower side of the tank behind the roadwheels/tracks.

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Very interesting series of videos you have been posting.  Thanks!

Hey Tony. I suppose I am starting an SOP to put videos here for my own future consultation for my projects...versus being lost on my hard drive or browser bookmarks.

but....if you and others also enjoy them or whatever, so much the better. :-)