kohlenklau CMFI North Afrika QB map-mod project

Phil, what drugs are you on, lol?  I'd like to try some so I can finish my measly mods for Crete! In the time it is taking me to finish three different uniform types/sets (not counting variants, helmets, and caps), you've made countless innovations in a whole new, unfamiliar medium.  👍👍  I'd have pulled all my hair out by now, if I was you! 

General Note:

At the bottom of my posts is my "signature" and has a link to my Goody Box. My humble offerings to the CM community. Note: Some stuff is stuff I have collected up and was modded by others. The modder's name might be on the folder? But not always...

I tried to organize it by game title. So go to the folder that interests you and take a gander. If you like something, please Pilfer away!

I am TRYING to do my dropbox like a self serve eatery.

I TRY to label new folders with the date in DDMMYYYY format

and

I TRY to avoid not having the mods for a scenario I offer.

The modtagging is in progress for [afrika]. 

But I am human and make mistakes.

So please holler if anything looks odd on screen, there is almost always a reason. If I know, I can look and try to fix.

Edited by kohlenklau

At the risk of adding more to your brainpower allocations, am wondering if all the mods in the AFRIKA KORPS folder be named the same.  Right now I have a folder named [birhakeim] with everything you have produced with the [birhakeim] tag.  But I also see 13+ other mods with the tag [africa].  That is in addition to about 37 older older mods made by Aris etc for desert environments including those with other tags like [africa wadi].

My sense is that to play your Afrika Korps scenarios, one would use all of these mods.  So, not sure what is the need for tags other than perhaps giving all of them the same [africa] (or DAK) tag.

I also mentioned that I have a TUNISIA mod pack with 10 folders (a few of which are also used in the AFRIKA KORPS folder - eg: Palm Trees).  

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

am wondering if all the mods in the AFRIKA KORPS folder be named the same

I understand what you want. But no, they can't all be the same modtag. Sometimes certain things are specific only to a certain battle or scenario. [africa wadi] was a special mod that changed map road tiles to look like tire tracks in and out of a muddy area. If I used ONE modtag it would ALWAYS show up. Not good

Tony, google and you can get a free "bulk renaming utility" and can rename everything to a certain single modtag, go for it. It is very easy to do.

With all that said, the 2 young interns have not arrived and with summer almost over, "Bikini Fridays" at the office, (HR gave me the verbal ok), are almost a dead event. 

Edited by kohlenklau

SInce way back...these are all my CMFI modtag text files. Some were used in scenarios with MULTIPLE modtags summoning the appearance of modded stuff.

This is just CMFI...

The cropped titles are scenario briefings I did for my CMFI scenarios...

vLF6fUz.png

Edited by kohlenklau

I have made a separate folder in my "Goody Box" that has afrika mods in there but they are not modtagged. This is for anybody who eventually ends up playing on the desert QB maps I am making. You just keep the folder stashed handy outside z folder until needed and then you slide it over manually. It is folder D

• 3 weeks later...

QB MAPS AND MODTAGS:

Well, I guess I must have confused myself all these years and now can't find where I read it. QB maps CAN have modtags. Somehow I developed a misunderstanding that a QB map didn't "see" the modtags and I would have to have an entire extra folder of the mods without modtags to blanket change stuff to see the battle as I desired.

I just played a medium axis assault QB PBEM on my desert map "Point 209" (3456m wide by 2176m deep). My British 8th Army force was dug in to hold that vital high ground. Sadly, my opponent @Blazing 88's defeated me with his DAK kampfgruppe. The mods all showed up and it was a great experience to see North Afrika in the CM world.

I looked at all the mods you have made for NA, Crete etc and you have done a huge amount of work, Phil. 

I finally reinstalled CMFI with all modules.  Am wondering if one can simply add all your mods (in a single KOH'S MODS folder) to my existing Z folder ie: are they all tagged? 

Or, will some of your mods interfere with the existing Z folder full of older mods - so we need to only use your mods when playing the specific scenarios you have created?

Hey Tony

I think you will be ok. 93.2% guaranteed not to mess with any other scenarios or mods!

I recommend you delete ALL my old stuff where I used [africa].

Now I am trying to only use [afrika] when a mod is generic but many mods are special to a scenario and have a separate modtag like [sbeitla] for example.

I honestly AM trying to make it neat and orderly. It gets a bit overwhelming. Those interns never showed and college is back on so the cheerleaders are all busy at the stadiums. 

Give me a week. I need to go through my folders to see any that need some modtags.