kohlenklau CMFI North Afrika QB map-mod project

For anyone hankering for some 8th Army Action, here is a saved game file.

Kohlenklau Saved Game Afrika 001

Put in your saved game folder. Start game and click saved game

Download link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/45un5t606j2dlay/Kohlenklau Saved Game Afrika 001.bts?dl=0

You have a Battalion of British infantry, a squadron of "Honeys", some scout cars and some off-map 25-pounders. Yes! You have 2 forward observers, 1 in a truck and 1 in a jeep.

The map is 3000m x 2500m. 1 hour long battle. Italians are dug in along a main supply route.

Saved at set up. You can see the objectives and decide your approach.

Have fun you bloody bastards!

23 hours ago, mjkerner said:

didn’t YOU make that one, Phil?

It started before me with LongLeftFlank and Broadsword56 and then I got interested and also did some stuff with a great vehicle modder Popeye. EDIT: Correction, he was Pappagoat...He vanished

Edited by kohlenklau

Great video to show the potential of CM:Afrika.   Presumably that shows late desert war in Tunisia since the US makes an appearance.   

Shame no 88mm ATG's on that map.  It looks  large enuff for 1Km+ combat.

Edited by Erwin

8 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Great video to show the potential of CM:Afrika.

IN THE PAST, I have had a group of like minded forumites WITH comparable complimentary or superior sets of skills to me and then we could gain momentum in the 1-2-3 punch combination of MODS-MAPS-SCENARIOS. 

Like a stool you need all 3.

1 person is grueling, 2 people gets better but 3 or 4 or 5 is where you can make stuff happen. But they need to be experienced and of a like mind for the Golden Rule of CM Creation: KEEP IT ACCOMPLISHABLE!

CONFESSION: I admit that I break that rule and suffer the consequences. Never sniff your own glue!

Edited by kohlenklau

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

KEEP IT ACCOMPLISHABLE!

CONFESSION: I admit that I break that rule and suffer the consequences. Never sniff your own glue!

The rule I (knew I was) am breaking in the Crete Mod. And every other one I ever attempted, lol! But at least Crete is getting near the finish line. Your Afrika Mod is coming along nicely!

10 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Crete is getting near the finish line

It will get there, I know you are on it. Your standards are very high for your own work.

Now me, I admit I often shove out stuff that I clearly see as improvable but just want to make the sandwich and put it on a plate for people to eat. 

New scenario! 

"AFRIKA British Probe into Arab Village"

15 minutes, you have a platoon of British infantry augmented by a Vickers and a few Engineers.

Play only as British Allied vs Axis AI

Please get all the mods to properly play this. Dated in folders as I have updated them. I am trying my best to have an organized "non-frustrating system" of new scenarios and new mods. All at this dropbox link. It is easier for me versus using CMMODS and TSD to be honest. No offense to them though! Just me being lazy.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/icm3a2cnnfebzv5/AABxI54rnRxig2gmgMQcCuc2a?dl=0

Edited by kohlenklau

I will make a new thread over in the general section to share my mds file tricks and shenanigans.

I put a text file in with the mods I uploaded...

Maybe I am the only guy trying this stuff...? 

"GEAR ANALYSIS"

In the mds files you have to use gear with the same number of letters. Shell versus host mds.

In this case it was CMFI RTV French in US M41 and I renamed as the British shorts.

28british_ammo-universal-right
27british_ammo-universal-left
24american_shovel-t-handle
23british_holster-officer
22american_shovel-e-tool
22american_pouch-compass
21british_pouch-compass
21american_ammo-carbine
20american_pouch-binoc
19british_pouch-binoc
19british_ammo-pistol
19american_ammo-rifle
18american_pouch_map
18american_pouch-aid
17american_ammo-smg
17american_ammo-lmg
17american_backpack
16british_backpack
16british_breadbag
16american_bayonet
16american_holster
16american_canteen
15british_holster
15british_canteen
15british_bayonet
15british_gasmask
14british_shovel
14american_knife
14american_radio
13british-radio

british_breadbag is in as american_bayonet
Now used Blender to add in both univ's.
Some soldiers are skipped for no breadbag.
Add canteen also later.

british_radio renamed as mdr for american_radio as british_shovel (only for radio operators)

american_ammo-smg replaces british_canteen with shovels location data. add both univs later.

6 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Maybe I am the only guy trying this stuff...? 

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

Am gratefully downloading it all.  But, RL issues are competing right now.  

On 7/25/2021 at 6:09 PM, mjkerner said:

You give us all plenty to eat, and it is tasty!

21 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Playing around with this a bit last night to see how hard it would be to do...

cQIitb2.png

No don t worry I see more guys interresting to your jobs, yours stuffs seem te be like a full new module from BF with news things and is very interresting ! 

JM

10 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

JM, I am still making the scenarios for your CMRT Warsaw Uprising Mod , it is going well. 👍

Thanks you, impatient to see the end of it, thanks to your friendly support !

Your job is very impressing about  CMFI North Afrika  I like  your new french uniforms and all around, in fact  all what Phill touch will be "in gold" ! wait I will give you my "empty wallet ! 😄 

JM

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

You are accumulating a lot of individual AFRIKA mod folders in your dropbox Koh.  Are they all supposed to be downloaded to a single main AFRIKA mod folder in CMFI and used at the same time?  

No, not necessarily to a single folder. As one of you guys made a good suggestion, I now put the date on the folder to show you the new stuff you might not have got yet.

For the record...

1. If you have any questions/criticisms/issues/problems/interests about ANY of my mods, please PM me.

2. I would love to see folks make scenarios using any of the various mods I cobble together. Or roll forward and improve or expand the mods in any way you like.  If you are stumped about using them, just PM me. 

3. These are toys and toys are meant to be played with. :-)