HerrTom's Explosions Redux

HerrTom

Figured this subforum would be best since these explosions aren't really family-specific.

The news of CM Cold War inspired me to dig back into making explosions.  I present to you my latest (and greatest) explosion!

Get it here (link)!

Animated demonstration here: https://i.imgur.com/hel1fau.mp4

The animation really sells it I think, since it doesn't look too great in stills yet, but I'm working on it!

EmiTItB.png

Edited by HerrTom
Animation

11 hours ago, slippy said:

HerrTom, they do look excellent to be fair. Out of interest, in your opinion could vehicle fires/ smokes also be modded?

Fire and smoke can indeed be modded, though they all have the same limitations as explosions, in that they are only a single texture and their generation is controlled by the game engine. I'd love for some more control over particles, though I understand since smoke is a pretty integral part of the game simulation that that is probably one of the reasons it can't be changed beyond new textures.

9 hours ago, HerrTom said:

Fire and smoke can indeed be modded, though they all have the same limitations as explosions, in that they are only a single texture and their generation is controlled by the game engine. I'd love for some more control over particles, though I understand since smoke is a pretty integral part of the game simulation that that is probably one of the reasons it can't be changed beyond new textures.

Thanks HerrTom

Any idea where i may find the smoke for the tanks please? One of my least dislike graphical elements of the game are the long black 'fingers' of smoke from damaged vehicles and tanks, like below

CM+Normandy+2013-10-12+09-14-05-12.bmp

would like to try and get something more natural looking such as this 

56d474956e97c621048ba4e6?width=1100&form

do you think in theory it is possible within the limitations of the game?

regards

slippy

You can’t really change the dynamics of the smoke columns, only the color of the textures., Slippy. I keep hoping BFC will introduce swirling, thick/thin smoke streams out of the blue some day, like when they added gunsmoke to small arms fire. Since there are different types of smoke clouds in the game already (explosions, tank gunfire) it would seem the coding already exists....but I know diddly-squat about that!

• 5 months later...