Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMRT Romanian Mod

TZHlwKB.png

It is now 1405 in the afternoon of an autumn day in 1941. You are just west of the Baraboi River in the floodplains between Dalnyk and the Black Sea. Weather: warm, dry, light wind from the southeast, the sky is clear.

^

Earlier, some of our vehicles were ambushed by Soviet stragglers. Probe forward to locate and rescue any survivors. Secure a suitable location to await follow on forces.

^

Our forces are reorganizing from casualties over the previous days of fighting. Your rifle platoon is at full strength. 

^

Your company commander believes you will encounter only stragglers from a depleted Soviet rifle division that has pulled back to their next defensive line.

^

Use your squads to probe forward and locate the crews from the ambushed vehicles. Wipe out any stragglers. 

^
Primary Objectives: Up to 500 points for several touch objectives that represent checking houses. Secondary Objectives: Wipe out any Soviet stragglers. Secure a suitable position to await follow-on forces (500 points).

Initial reports are positive that the download works and the mod appears!

So, here, give her a go! <<<I will edit or remove this download link or update it when we do our second Beta.>>>

Download for Romanian mod brz and play as axis only scenario

(designed for CMRT v2.02 Game Engine 4)

It is a beta! We know we have some things to polish up and still tackle...

It may have conflicts with other mods in your z that could make this mod look bad, so if you have German sound mod, pull it out, this way you'll only here Romanian voices. 

I hope it performs ok and looks fun in a 1941-ish way!

Phil

Edited by kohlenklau

Powered it up for a brief look.  Looks very good!  Noticed the tanks were labeled as Pz II Lynx's.  But, that may be cos I have a lot of other mods in place.  Maybe an old one is conflicting.

BTW:  I like Vinnarts(?) gun images that contain calibre and range.  Any idea if the Rumanian weapons were in that set?

Sorry... the weapons graphics with range and caliber were create by Marco Bergman.  He did them for CMSF(1), then CMA, CMBN, CMFI etc.  But, I think he then left the hobby so, nothing for CMBS or after.

If Rumanian troops were not in the CMRT game, then MB would not have made any weapons graphics for them.

FOR SCENARIO WRITERS:

In the forum there is a link to download a brz and a teaser scenario.

Please check it out!

...and we have even more goodies headed for the tool box to help you make a great CMRT Romanian Mod scenario

These are my opinionated tips for scenario writers using this mod (as of 3/27/2021):

For axis to best portray Romanians: only pick LMG34,  use Sicherungs platoon, can use breach team (we have a mod for the bundled grenade and soon the teller mine), Pak38. 50mm baby mortar, but No HMGs yet. No battalion level HQ's. Keep headcount lower due to the modded helmet may draw extra PC time.

Phil

Edited by kohlenklau

7 minutes ago, Falaise said:

what better way to test than a scenario in Romania !!

Everything does not appear, strange! puttees for example .

But what work already !! good job guys

210327040156294783.jpg

210327040157908704.jpg

My helmet is too beautiful!

210327040159458367.jpg

Thank you there will be  another version soon.

I must make a clear thanks to @JM Stuff that it is HIS hard work up until usually 0200 in Espana to make the helmet and the ammo pouch and the GiMP art on the uniforms. Now he continues some polishing of his work to fix the collars and some other items from the "..officer's tailor shop in Bucharest"...!

This is me...

image.jpeg.09256ff9381b61fe1f45b9ae779415ee.jpeg

Edited by kohlenklau

We are trying to improve the Romanian uniforms. Add some wear and tear. The summer tunic/jacket was a light khaki cotton material and faded out to very light khaki and we are working on that. The one we show now is the wool version for cooler weather. It held its color.

I got a few more scenarios in the works and EVENTUALLY a Romanian campaign "Quiet flows the Don"

On 3/30/2021 at 3:18 AM, Erwin said:

You guys make a great team.

+1 from me, I'm really enjoying Phil's massive enthusiasm and work rate and Dennis always produces great work.  If only I had any skills to offer 🙄 (apart from play-testing which is great).

Edited by Vacilllator
Moved my emoji, how sad am I?