Visibility of terrain alterations

If you change the terrain (blow up a building, breach a wall/hedgerow, create a crater, anything else you can think of), and you do it out of your opponent's LOS, can they see the terrain has altered?

Bit of a position giveaway if they can. The AI won't tell me what it knows.

(I realise they might hear it but that's different)

Edited by John1966

1 hour ago, RepsolCBR said:

I would perhaps not call that sneaking...

I was genuinely thinking of the Culin hedge cutter.

1 hour ago, RepsolCBR said:

Vs a human opponent it will have more of an impact...

Yes, he's a human (and probably reading this).

That's the thing. Never worried about such concerns against the AI.

1 hour ago, John1966 said:

I was genuinely thinking of the Culin hedge cutter.

Yes, he's a human (and probably reading this).

That's the thing. Never worried about such concerns against the AI.

Yeah, but you can try and fake a breach at one location, then have your real main attack breach another location...That will show me :-)

Edited by JoMc67

I was playing a H2H scenario in which my opponent had more than 20 tanks going down a slope and disappearing behind a hill. Good for me there was a wooden fence some distance in front of a forest. By keeping an eye on that fence I could see how it got broken up on different sections and understood from that where some of those tanks were heading although the tanks were consealed by he hill. This helped to decide in what direction I should point two of my AT-guns.

17 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

I was playing a H2H scenario in which my opponent had more than 20 tanks going down a slope and disappearing behind a hill. Good for me there was a wooden fence some distance in front of a forest. By keeping an eye on that fence I could see how it got broken up on different sections and understood from that where some of those tanks were heading although the tanks were consealed by he hill. This helped to decide in what direction I should point two of my AT-guns.

SOP -I aim to have vehicles follow the same break in the fence/hedge to avoid giving too much info away.

Off course as has been pointed out you can also use other vehicles to create a diversion by breaking down the fence at other points...

It would help a lot if they just muted the sound of the fence breaking, if you are not spotting the enemy tank that does it. Just like the sound of the tank itself is muted if when you're not spotting it.

Then the fence would still break, and you'd be able to see it, but you probably wouldn't notice it.

8 hours ago, BornGinger said:

Good for me there was a wooden fence some distance in front of a forest.

Isn't this technically cheating? ;)

8 hours ago, George MC said:

SOP -I aim to have vehicles follow the same break in the fence/hedge to avoid giving too much info away.

I try to do this to stop all my tanks getting damaged tracks.

12 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Wasn't it Sun Tzu who said, "Never tell your enemy your secret plans."? 

I think @JoMc67 just told me one of his. ;)

8 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I vaguely remember some years back this topic cropped up, and a video was posted of an invisible tank making a hole in a fence.

Of course, they could just have invisible tanks. 😲