Finnish front module?

I believe such a module is highly unlikely. It was a relatively small part of the war - and not directly linked to rest of the war.

I think we´ll only see the finnish war if someone makes his own mod set - as Warts 'n' all mentioned.

Edited by umlaut

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

A long time ago, someone did put together a Finnish mod pack and a short campaign. 

I belive it was Kohlenklau and a few others that had a finnish front project going...including mods.

I don't recall how much stuff they managed to complete before Kohlenklau decided to take a break from CM or where to find it...

what they did complete might be avaliable at CMMODS or the scenariodepot...

if not...i don't know where to find it...

It's a shame that the northern theatre is rarely explored in media. Rarely do we see naval games about the Arctic and Baltic, and I've almost never seen the Lapland War in any sort of game. Even the Continuation War and Courland Pocket often get swept under the rug. I would love a module that built upon RT, to add Army Group North, Northern Front and III Corps. A big campaign for the III Corps, fighting against Soviets, and later, Germans. I'd prefer it to the Vistula-Oder/Berlin one.

2 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

I belive it was Kohlenklau and a few others that had a finnish front project going...including mods.

Now that you have jogged my memory, that sounds right. There were three little battles for us to test. And I still have the mod pack. What I can't remember is whether the campaign was released on Engine 3 or 4.

Well. I really hope it will be one, it will not only be popular in Finland but here in Sweden to. Alot of volunters went from Sweden to Finland, for natural reasons - our brothers to the east. Would be alot of interesting infantry units like the sissi and famous weapons like Suomi m/31.

have you considdered buying CM1 ?

like Frenchy56 mentioned CMBB do include a full compliment of finnish forces...and there are a decent amount of scenarios covering this part of the war avaliable...

sure...its an older game...but still very playable 😎...

And as a bonus...you will not only get the finns...but the whole eastern front is covered in that game. Including all the minors. lots and lots of content...

you are able to buy that game very cheapaly now...well worth a try if you like the finnish front.

I doubt we will ever see finnish troops in CM2 anytime soon...

We are getting Indians and Brazilians in FI, so I have no doubts about seeing Finns in one (or more) of the titles. BF are East Front junkies. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

Mord.

I always try to be optimistic even when I am pessimistic. But it's just a logical deduction going by the past and stuff we have seen announced for newer titles. If they are gonna bother with something as obscure as Brazilians (or even dedicated Indian units) it  makes sense that they wouldn't leave out something as popular (among East Front fans) as the Finns. Plus they've included them before. I wouldn't even be surprised to see the French added to BN (sometime down the road) after they are released for FI. But I am highly confident (like 95%) that the Finns will make a showing eventually.

Mord.

8 hours ago, Mord said:

I always try to be optimistic even when I am pessimistic. But it's just a logical deduction going by the past and stuff we have seen announced for newer titles. If they are gonna bother with something as obscure as Brazilians (or even dedicated Indian units) it  makes sense that they wouldn't leave out something as popular (among East Front fans) as the Finns. Plus they've included them before. I wouldn't even be surprised to see the French added to BN (sometime down the road) after they are released for FI. But I am highly confident (like 95%) that the Finns will make a showing eventually.

Mord.

I see primarely two opppertunities for the finns...

- A minor nation pack for CMRT that would include the finns.

- Some kind of early war module/pack that somehow would include the first russo-finnish struggle.

I fear that we will have to wait quite a while for any of those though...

As i understand it the current plan for the eastern front is to move backwards one year at a time with one or two basegames and a few modules for each year. It will be a LONG wait to see anything covering 1939, 40....Question is...is CM2 still a thing at that time ? (CM3 ??)

I also kind of belive that BFC will prioritize a 1943 basegame as their next product for the eastern front rather then a minor nation pack for 44, 45. 

On top of that...to be able to include the finns some new animations and gameplay-features  will also need to be included to allow for ski-troops.

Finns without their skies...are no real finns 😉

Hopefully things will start to run somewhat more smothely for BFC from now on. They have been struggeling for the past few years and not much in the way of new products have been released. If not. The wait will be long...at best...or we might not see the fiins at all...

Edited by RepsolCBR