Any way to fix fog graphics glitches?

Ok, dumb question of the day: How do I upload my screenshot? I could swear there used to be a button for it or that I could just drag a file to the post window, but I can't find it now. There's only the option to add file from an URL or from an existing attachment. And when I click the menu option to view my attachments, it only lets me view them and delete old ones, not upload new ones as far as I can see?

2 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Ok, dumb question of the day: How do I upload my screenshot? I could swear there used to be a button for it or that I could just drag a file to the post window, but I can't find it now. There's only the option to add file from an URL or from an existing attachment. And when I click the menu option to view my attachments, it only lets me view them and delete old ones, not upload new ones as far as I can see?

On the left side of that light blue bar where that "Insert media" grey colored button is you may see "choose files", eg. 
11bea93dd770be7d26ec34e2d3a1236a.png

Edit: I don't think it does qualify for the "Dumb question of the day" contest by the way. 😛 

Edited by CMFDR

10 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I find that hedges and certain buildings are not being affected by fog, so they stand out crisp and clearly against the foggy background. A bit of an immersion killer. Any way to fix this by changing graphics settings or otherwise?

Try to disable shaders with Windows Key + R. I´ve got the same visual bug and disabling shaders works for me.

It appears fog issues are often highly dependent on which graphics card you use. I recall trying to trouble-shoot fog issues in Beta was vexing because one user couldn't see the issue the other user was reporting, different graphics cards were involved. Often the fix to the problem would be described as a work-around for a particular graphics card flaw.

3 hours ago, CMFDR said:

On the left side of that light blue bar where that "Insert media" grey colored button is you may see "choose files"

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that the first time.

So, thanks to you, here are the screenshots.

Shaders OFF: Fog correctly applied to all scenery apart from some ground textures.

1412761376_CMFinalBlitzkrieg2019-01-1617-21-58-85ShadersOFF.jpg.fd3c52c01530d01df6cd100958cecb27.jpg

Shaders ON: Hedges, fences, buildings and flavour objects now don't get covered with fog and stick out.

270382739_CMFinalBlitzkrieg2019-01-1617-21-51-77ShadersON.jpg.78baef88186f9916de3b02ba52a37203.jpg

2 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Which scenario/QB map is it from? I'll give it a spin and check back. What happens if you turn shadows on/off?

It's the second mission from the campaign Road to Bastogne. Conditions are light fog.

Toggling shadows doesn't seem to have any impact on the glitches.

I also tried turning down texture quality a notch from Best, to see if that would help, but it didn't..

Edited by Bulletpoint

According to IanL's Complete List of Combat Mission Scenarios that would be [Campaign Battle #01] Hitlers Bodyguard mission, and thanks to Rokko's uncam: Combat Mission campaign extractor, it's quite easy to get the mission file. Please note that Mad Mike's CMx2 ScAnCaDe V2.1 can do it too, as can Steinfisch's Combat Mission Universal Utility.

@rocketman here it is attached.

Hitlers Bodyguard.btt

19 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that the first time.

So, thanks to you, here are the screenshots.

Shaders OFF: Fog correctly applied to all scenery apart from some ground textures.

1412761376_CMFinalBlitzkrieg2019-01-1617-21-58-85ShadersOFF.jpg.fd3c52c01530d01df6cd100958cecb27.jpg

Shaders ON: Hedges, fences, buildings and flavour objects now don't get covered with fog and stick out.

270382739_CMFinalBlitzkrieg2019-01-1617-21-51-77ShadersON.jpg.78baef88186f9916de3b02ba52a37203.jpg

I see this as well. Zooming in/out makes no difference. However, if I tilt the camera it disappears gradually. So angle of observation and probably elevation changes in the terrain interacting with objects causes this phenomenon.

3 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

If I used AMD instead of Nvidia, would it help? 

It would only result in different issues to contend with. Such as, with AMD, needing to have shaders ON to see hit decals and of not having access to the depth buffer which limits the use of ReShade (if that's a concern to you).

As @rocketmanstates - tweaking customs settings and/or Nvidia inspector might be the way to go instead.

2 minutes ago, Howler said:

As @rocketmanstates - tweaking customs settings and/or Nvidia inspector might be the way to go instead.

Toggling shaders off helped, apart from still getting those weird patches on the ground though where the fog doesn't get applied. If anyone knows a way to fix that, please let me know.