A Complete List of Combat Mission Scenarios - re-announce

I am re-announcing the complete list of Combat Mission Scenarios web site here since the original announcement was made before the General Forum existed.

Check it out here: http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/index.html

What this site is

It is supposed to be a search-able sort-able list of all scenarios for CombatMission games. It combines a list of all stock scenarios and all downloadable scenarios from the old repository, the new scenario depot with information from play result information from theBlitz.

What this site is not

It is not a source for uploading or downloading scenarios.  This site does not host anything it only provides links to where the files are hosted.

I have updated all the games and added Shock Force.

The Shock Force edition is not complete yet. As the original announcement states the site is created using @Mad Mike's awesome ScAnCaDe Tool. Since that tool only works with Shock Force version 2 only the stock games are listed on the site right now. Along with a few new ones from the Scenario Depot. My plan is to include the older scenarios as well but to so that I need to convert them to v2 scenarios so the tool can then process them. I have been working on that but have lots left to do. In addition there are still a few items that are listed as only available on the old repository - I still own @Bootie a list of files that are missing on the Scenario Depot.

Read the original announcement here:

Awesome work Ian. Your website is my go to solution whenever I'm looking for a scenario or wonder what a campaign's tree is.

- Would it be possible to add a field where a tagged mod pack could be linked? Michael Jones' narrative campaigns usually comes with such a companion pack for example.
- Links to Battlefront's repository are not working, obviously, maybe it would be worth to take them down so the good folks, especially the newcomers, are not worried about them?

- Do you think something could be done to mix in @poesel's CM overview map on Google Maps, @sttp's CMFB QB Maps Hi-Res Visual Overviews and @76mm's CMRT Map Database? (Online version of sttp's CMFB QB maps and 76mm's CMRT Map DB) ?

@Battlefront.com could this topic be sticked, please? :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some suggestions :

• Dealership scenarios for BN, FI, FB, BS and SF2 can be downloaded from CMMODSIII, LukeFF's CMRT Parade scenario can be downloaded from Dropbox
  • On the Fortress Italy - Scenario Listing page are listed half a dozen QB maps
  • Final Blitzkrieg - Scenario "Parroy Forest (FR)" can be found on CombatMission.fr
  • There are others translated scenarios on CombatMission.fr, what would be the most convenient way for you to get them (in what format do you want the additional datas for example)?

44 minutes ago, CMFDR said:

Awesome work Ian. Your website is my go to solution whenever I'm looking for a scenario or wonder what a campaign's tree is.

Thanks. Credit for that campaign tree goes to @Mad Mike. I really like it too.

- Would it be possible to add a field where a tagged mod pack could be linked? Michael Jones' narrative campaigns usually comes with such a companion pack for example.

I don't think that's too likely (lots of manual work for me). Hummm or perhaps a link could be made to search for mod tags on CMMODSIII. I'll add that to the list of possibilities.

- Links to Battlefront's repository are not working, obviously, maybe it would be worth to take them down so the good folks, especially the newcomers, are not worried about them?

Yes, this is a hole. I own @Bootie a list so we can reconcile those. That is near the top of my list.

- Do you think something could be done to mix in @poesel's CM overview map on Google Maps, @sttp's CMFB QB Maps Hi-Res Visual Overviews and @76mm's CMRT Map Database? (Online version of sttp's CMFB QB maps and 76mm's CMRT Map DB) ?

@poesel and I have talked about that. He is another person I own an email and work to. This is already on my list but I have no idea when I'll get to that.

Some suggestions :

Interesting I did not check CMMods for scenarios. Good catch I'll add that to my list to fix up.

Scenarios and Campaigns and Maps that are only available on dropbox will *never* be added to this list. Never. Not going to happen. Dropbox links are way to unreliable. If you want your scenario added signup at The Scenario Depot, create your own web site or even use theBlitz.org. @Bootie will be happy to help you get signed up at the Scenario Depot but you can start with this video on how to get your scenarios uploaded: https://youtu.be/wNZU3PgcxSg.

• On the Fortress Italy - Scenario Listing page are listed half a dozen QB maps

Oops - looks like I copied the QB files to the wrong place. On the fix list

Ah that's where I found it - again ooops on the fix list.

• There are others translated scenarios on CombatMission.fr, what would be the most convenient way for you to get them (in what format do you want the additional datas for example)?

I wold be pleased to add them. You can PM me and we can have further discussion but using google translate it looks straight forward enough for me to gather them - plus it looks like you have download packs so cool. Is there a way for me to subscribe to updates from your site? If you announce new scenarios being added in such away that I can get an update message then I can monitor it myself like I do for the Scenario Depot.

1 hour ago, CMFDR said:

Oops, my bad then, sorry Heirloom Tomato ;) 

No worries! These battles are an essentially a blind quick battle. I took the qb map, added reasonable forces, and assigned them to an AI orders group. I changed very little if anything with the maps. I left the name of the quick battle map alone to give credit to the proper person who did most of the work on the battle. Any future ones I do, I will change the name and include the information in a breifing note.

20 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

I left the name of the quick battle map alone to give credit to the proper person who did most of the work on the battle.

A reasonable goal.

20 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

Any future ones I do, I will change the name and include the information in a breifing note.

A good idea - the scenario name is the thing that jumps out saying "this is a QB map not a scenario" and the description just describes the map. Take Tiny Meet QS 005.btt as an example: http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/FortressItaly/Scenarios/Tiny Meet QS 005.html

If you were to tweak the title to start with your Quick Scenario tag line such as "Quick Scenario - Tiny Meet 005" and put a line like "This scenario is essentially a blind quick battle made from a qb map, reasonable forces, assigned to an AI orders groups". Then it would be clearer.

But either way these are a really good idea and I think, based on their download rates, they are fairly popular. Well done.

• 2 weeks later...