Should i pre-order bundle or separate modules?

NeoOhm

Hi!

I have the original game + Marines.
I want all modules in CMSF 2

on preorder side it say "NOTE!!!!!!!  Preorders only at this time.  Discounted Upgrades for CMSF1 owners will follow after the game is released, therefore do NOT Preorder if you intend to take advantage of the Upgrades!!"
Will he modules i have will be discounted, but by how much?
Will the other modules i dont have a discount to, or only the Original game?
Will it be less cost for me to pre order bundle or just pre order the modules now that i dont have?

Edited by NeoOhm

Well I am not sure of my answer. But, if I have understood correctly, preordering SF2 plus all modules is 120 instead of 165. SF2 will be sold 165 after release.

At the beginning of this thread, you have the upgrade prices.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/126835-the-state-of-cmsf2/

You have to upgrade SF1 base game: 15

You have to upgrade SF1 Marines module: 10

You have to buy SF2 British module: 35

You have to buy SF2 Nato module: 35

So a total cost of 95 instead of 120.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

The 'upgrade' goes on sale at the time of game release. Actually it IS the game release.
Its less an upgrade per se as a 'customer loyalty discount' on the download of the entirely rejuvenated title. You don't need to have CMSF1 installed, BFC just needs to recognize that you're an old CMSF1 purchaser.

5 hours ago, Apache said:

Hmmm.  OK thanks.  I had the Paradox game and purchased the conversion key so not sure if that will work.  I only get full game options.

It should. Steve has said they would find a way to honor all the prior owners of SF1 with the "upgrade" discount. Note that what MikeyD said is correct. It's not really an upgrade. SF2 is a completely new standalone installer. You don't need SF1 installed to install SF2. There is no physical connection between the two. So on release you should be able to order SF2+Marines at a discount, and then add the other modules as you want.

On September 26, 2018 at 4:35 AM, NeoOhm said:

Hi!

I have the original game + Marines.
I want all modules in CMSF 2

Since you already own CMSF1 + Marines, I'd preorder the British and NATO modules, and purchase CMSF2 + Marines at release.

I also bought my original CMSF (Paradox), and later  the upgrade key and Marines. Go on battlefront.com, login to your account and select the Upgrades. Your new key for Marines will be listed if you bought it after 2007. Even if your Paradox CMSF isn't listed, when you download the Marines module, CMSF base game will download with it. All of the CMx2 game downloads now have all of their modules already included, so you just have to enter your new module key to activate the module.

Edited by Vet 0369

13 hours ago, Apache said:

Hmmm.  OK thanks.  I had the Paradox game and purchased the conversion key so not sure if that will work.  I only get full game options.

What everyone else said but I will add that I would recommend making sure you can log onto your store account. The store was changed recently and some people had trouble logging on. And then I would verify that your conversion key is listed in your orders. If you cannot get clarity that your records are up to date (or you have trouble getting logged in) open a support ticket. I would be a good thing to get any of these issues sorted out before the game comes out so you are ready to buy and not held up when the support guys are getting busy.

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/

10 hours ago, Apache said:

Thanks.  Yeah I'm logged in fine and my SF1 conversion key is there.  Will see how it goes, not sure the upgrade discounts are available now or not.  Can't see them as yet when selecting purchase.  If they should be available now I'll open a ticket.

Preorders are available now, but the discounted CMSF2 and modules for those who own CMSF and modules aren't available for preorder, so you could preorder British Forces and NATO now, and purchase the CMSF2 + Marines when CMSF2 is released.

On 9/26/2018 at 7:28 AM, ncc1701e said:

Well I am not sure of my answer. But, if I have understood correctly, preordering SF2 plus all modules is 120 instead of 165. SF2 will be sold 165 after release.

At the beginning of this thread, you have the upgrade prices.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/126835-the-state-of-cmsf2/

You have to upgrade SF1 base game: 15

You have to upgrade SF1 Marines module: 10

You have to buy SF2 British module: 35

You have to buy SF2 Nato module: 35

So a total cost of 95 instead of 120.

Hope this helps.

So, I guess I was a bit naive, but was the Upgrade price set at $35 for the entire bundle, or similar to the above and more like $45? I'm not worried about 10 bucks as I am more than willing to spend that based on how much play I got out of the original. But I do want to know if my understanding of the price is correct or not. IE; for someone who owns the base game and all 3 modules the will pay x.

-B

2 hours ago, Behemoth said:

So, I guess I was a bit naive, but was the Upgrade price set at $35 for the entire bundle, or similar to the above and more like $45? I'm not worried about 10 bucks as I am more than willing to spend that based on how much play I got out of the original. But I do want to know if my understanding of the price is correct or not. IE; for someone who owns the base game and all 3 modules the will pay x.

-B

If you own CMSF and all 3 modules, CMSF2 and all 3 modules will cost you $35.  It is a little weird looking at it if you ignore the big bundle upgrade it appears as if it is $45........  don’t ignore the big bundle  you get $10 off  😉

Yup, for $35 you can Upgrade the CMSF2 Base Game Engine 4, Marines, British Forces, and NATO in one go.  Upgrades can not be preordered, so for those of you looking to Upgrade you should skip the preorder and wait until things start shipping. 

6 hours ago, aleader said:

Does anyone that pre-ordered SF1 CD version (2007 I think) have it listed in their Orders?  I don't see it in mine.

I have the same problem, but fear not, its all good.

Nothing is listed in your store account that was before the late 2007 shop rework. They totally changed the store in later 2007. So if you bought the game before the shop was reworked, you need to go to the helpdesk and open a ticket with it.

For me my CMBB, CMAK, Theatre of War, T72 BoF and CMSF1(i buy it few days after release) are NOT listed in my store record cause i buy them before late 2007. As said, you need to open a ticket, that is what i did and support will help you out. They dig up your record from a drawer or something and can verify that you purchased CMSF before the shop rework.

2 hours ago, aleader said:

Ok, will do.  I don't have any of the other modules.  Anyone know the cost if I were to buy the big bundle taking into account the discount for the SF1 upgrade?

Hmm I think that is a question for BF.  The base game should only be $25 to you, but there isn't a bundle of strictly the modules.  Straight price for all 3 would be $105, but it is worth asking BF if there is a module bundle for all 3 modules.