CMRT Module 1 Bones

From my limited experience I can tell you these things have a way of ballooning out of control and I am going to assume that they are not in a position to hire tons of new people for crunch time etc. At the end of the day I don't get impatience, just buy it when it is out (or don't, if it looks crap) and until then play something else.

23 minutes ago, Ts4EVER said:

From my limited experience I can tell you these things have a way of ballooning out of control and I am going to assume that they are not in a position to hire tons of new people for crunch time etc. At the end of the day I don't get impatience, just buy it when it is out (or don't, if it looks crap) and until then play something else.

Ad nauseam...

14 hours ago, STAGEMAN said:

yeah srs wtf bfc its december already where are the pre orders at least where are our updates at least give us that on a weekly basis tbh i dont even think its coming out this year at least I got call to arms ostfront which unlike bfc I KNOW they are coming out with it this year kind of mind boggling whats going on here

You shouldn't be thinking it is coming out this year - @BFCElvisposted a planned release date on 06 September 2020 - if you're that interested you'd do the research.

19 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

You shouldn't be thinking it is coming out this year - @BFCElvisposted a planned release date on 06 September 2020 - if you're that interested you'd do the research.

Nonsense. There's nothing to do research on. Just an endless number of excuses and vague remarks. Steve PROMISED the module will be released THIS year. And I still value his word more than that of elvis or any of you for that matter.

Edited by Aragorn2002

12 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Nonsense. There's nothing to do research on. Just an endless number of excuses and vague remarks. Steve PROMISED the module will be released THIS year. And I still value his word more than that of elvis or any of you for that matter.

As Elvis works for Steve you would think that Steve would have authorised that date commitment - so call it nonsense all you like.  I also can live with the fact that, based on previous performance, it may not hit that target date.  If it doesn't hit the target date, it will almost certainly be for reasons of quality control.

3 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

As Elvis works for Steve you would think that Steve would have authorised that date commitment - so call it nonsense all you like.  I also can live with the fact that, based on previous performance, it may not hit that target date.  If it doesn't hit the target date, it will almost certainly be for reasons of quality control.

I don't give a ... about what you can or can't live with. It is promised and in my world you keep your promise. Quality control after all these years of waiting? A bloody shambles, that's what this is. This is just a simple module for an existing game. No new game, no new nationalities, no new features, no new theatre of war. Just a simple module. There are no excuses left for the laughable way this module has been handled.

15 hours ago, STAGEMAN said:

yeah srs wtf bfc its december already where are the pre orders at least where are our updates at least give us that on a weekly basis tbh i dont even think its coming out this year at least I got call to arms ostfront which unlike bfc I KNOW they are coming out with it this year kind of mind boggling whats going on here

As you can see from Aragorn's comments, if there is nothing new to report if seems that people aren't interested. If I say that the campaigns and scenarios are almost complete and the TO&E needs a little more once a week, is that what you're looking for? It isn't for Aragorn but if that is all there is to report than that is all there is to report. I mean I guess that I can spice up how I say it. Like, "one of Combatintman's scenarios has been tested again. He agrees with the recommended adjustment with it and is reworking it now. slysniper has uploaded an altered version of one of his."?

I take no offense to your question. It shows enthusiasm for what we're creating. That is very flattering and not annoying at all.  I hope that everyone understands that we'd like the module released more than everyone on this forum combined. We don't get paid for the work until it is completed. But, and I think that most people here would agree, that rather than rushing out an incomplete and/or inferior product our reputation has been to release quality work and we want to keep it that way.

17 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

........... an update on the progress made. And I don't want to hear everybody is working on the scenarios and campaigns, ......

What if there is nothing more to report than that? I'm happy to make something up if that is more palatable. 🙂

For God's sake, it's December and we're still kept in the dark.  Is all this secrecy really necessary?

Kept in the dark about what? What question would you like answered that hasn't been answered already? I'm happy to give it a shot. What am I missing here? I gave a release date and that date wasn't in December. Expecting it in December when a release date in January was given isn't realistic, is it? 

Just finally release this module and do it without pre-ordering as a gesture towards those who waited for so long. 

There will definitely be a pre-order period. Traditionally pre-orders open when the release on just about ready for primetime. It is also when the official contents of a release are announced. Until then all aspects of a release are subject to change.

4 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Kept in the dark about what? What question would you like answered that hasn't been answered already? I'm happy to give it a shot. What am I missing here? I gave a release date and that date wasn't in December. Expecting it in December when a release date in January was given isn't realistic, is it? 

My problem with you is that I don't have any confidence left in what you say. Too many broken promises. 

You probably think you're very smart by giving a release date in January, while most people in this community hope for a pre-Christmas release and not for the first time, I might add. Don't you communicate with your boss either? Do you allow Steve to make a public announcement, while you know his promise can't be kept? In my world that would have cost you your position, without a golden handshake. You're not fit for communication as you've proved time and time again. 

2 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

My problem with you is that I don't have any confidence left in what you say. Too many broken promises. 

You probably think you're very smart by giving a release date in January, while most people in this community hope for a pre-Christmas release and not for the first time, I might add. Don't you communicate with your boss either? Do you allow Steve to make a public announcement, while you know his promise can't be kept? In my world that would have cost you your position, without a golden handshake. You're not fit for communication as you've proved time and time again. 

"I want you to give me more information even though I don't believe a word that you say."

I am trying to think what I've said that is a broken promise though. That I am curious about.  So, exactly which promises have I broken? (your statement and my question are plural......I'd take a single example)

You've got yourself too wound up, my friend. It is not life or death. Deep breaths help, bro. Deep breaths. 

20 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

That has become something of the past, my friend. Nowadays there's only money...

those words hit deep aragorn had to reflect on that 

7 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

hopefully you dont get banned dude you really stand up on whats what 

1 minute ago, STAGEMAN said:

hopefully you dont get banned dude you really stand up on whats what 

He hasn't said or done anything that comes anywhere close to banning material. Well, maybe launching mild personal attacks against me but I have pretty thick skin. So, I never considered it. As I said about you, I understand people being passionate and it's flattering that when someone is passionate about something that I'm involved with creating. What gets lost, and I've alluded to, is that there isn't some conspiracy holding things up. It is what I've said that it is. No more or less complicated or nefarious than that. If he (or anyone else) thinks that I'm full of poop when I say that there is nothing that I can do about that.  

But, having said that........I am going to give this thread about 10 minutes before locking it up. There are at least 2 other threads where/thoughts/concerns about the time the module is taking can be commented on. No need for 3. 

2 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

But, having said that........I am going to give this thread about 10 minutes before locking it up. There are at least 2 other threads where/thoughts/concerns about the time the module is taking can be commented on. No need for 3. 

That's censorship, plain and simple. You might as well ban me.