CMRT Module 1 Bones

28 minutes ago, DougPhresh said:

I might just be nostalgic for Barbarossa to Berlin, but if this is the finale to Red Thunder, could we see Soviet VDV , Naval Infantry, etc. ? Did any NKVD divisions fight on to the end of the war?

I don't think this is the end for Red Thunder.  It has been said somewhere that Kursk is next.  When that will be is anyone's guess...

Kursk would be a new family according what they have said before. Of course plans can change. As for further Red Thunder content the Ost Front is so huge there's still lot's of fresh subjects in the June '44 to May '45 period that could be added. 

7 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

Kursk would be a new family according what they have said before. Of course plans can change. As for further Red Thunder content the Ost Front is so huge there's still lot's of fresh subjects in the June '44 to May '45 period that could be added. 

*Coughs in Romanian, Bulgarian and Hungarian*
*Coughs again in Romanian* 😉

(And apparently again in Bulgarian too! Did anyone know about this ?)

Edited by DougPhresh

26 minutes ago, DougPhresh said:

*Coughs in Romanian, Bulgarian and Hungarian*
*Coughs again in Romanian* 😉

(And apparently again in Bulgarian too! Did anyone know about this ?)

Very interresting didn't know about this situation...

The "Drava Operation" could be interresting , Bulgarians  and Yugoslavs fighting hand in the hands with the Soviet force !

slowly Yugoslavia could perhaps see the light in CM one day !!

Funny how nobody ever seems to mention the Vistula-Oder offensive where the bulk of the German army was crushed and the Russians moved the front 482km west in less than a month. People instead like to talk about Danzig or Budapest or Vilnius or Serbian partisans or the islands off Estonia in the Baltic. The Eastern Front covers a LOT of real estate. BFC could do ten different battle packs just for events taking place between January and March.

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Funny how nobody ever seems to mention the Vistula-Oder offensive where the bulk of the German army was crushed and the Russians moved the front 482km west in less than a month. People instead like to talk about Danzig or Budapest or Vilnius or Serbian partisans or the islands off Estonia in the Baltic. The Eastern Front covers a LOT of real estate. BFC could do ten different battle packs just for events taking place between January and March.

I wouldn't say no to ten battle packs 😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 2:30 PM, MikeyD said:

Not mention Jassy-Kishinev which basically knocked out Romania. SS Panzer Divisions were still conducting offensives into Hungary as late as 1945 while Berlin was being surrounded. Hitler's fury that his Balkan allies would abandon him was transformed by the remaining Waffen SS units into the last discernable Axis offensives of the war, since by then the Balkans (and Norway) were about the only place they had any forces left. The Soviets saw the Balkans as priority no.2, so outright destruction of the German forces down there was to be left for after the Berlin operation....

Edited by SimpleSimon

I think I am looking forward more to the Hungary battles than the Oder/Berlin ones.  I am excited about both, but those winter battles were epic.  I read about how by 1945 the soviet infantry units had plenty of AT guns and the germans had a very tough time advancing due to that.  Mud, snow, Tiger 2s, etc.  Gonna be fun.

On 1/5/2020 at 4:19 PM, rocketman said:

I wouldn't say no to ten battle packs 😊

On 1/5/2020 at 4:35 PM, Ts4EVER said:

Yes, I am more than willing to pay for packs with well made scenarios about WWII operations.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:39 PM, IICptMillerII said:

Agree completely. The more content the better. 

Count me in! What about Seelow Heights? Hope that one is covered.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 7:18 AM, Trooper117 said:

It can't be the end of Red Thunder anyway... we still need 'Barbarossa'  :D

I'm afraid that CM:Blitz will be a Standalone game (if it ever comes out) and not a Module of CM:RT :-0

7 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

I'm afraid that CM:Blitz will be a Standalone game (if it ever comes out) and not a Module of CM:RT :-0

I don't care how it comes out - stand alone, module, vehicle pack - just as long as it comes out.  My hope is it will be the first title under CM3...

26 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Barbarossa.  And winter 41-42.  And summer 42.  and Stalingrad.  And winter 43.  and summer 43.  and winter 43-44.   So one base game and six modules.  Can I pre-order as a bundle, with delivery in early 2022?

Ditto.

I wouldn't mind what Decisive Campaigns did and have Warsaw to Paris in one title and then Barbarossa in another.

Modules for a Blitzkrieg title could pad out the Dutch and Belgian roster in one module, maybe add the Soviet invasion of Poland in another.

Modules for Barbarossa could add the NKVD, VDV and Naval Infantry, Finland, Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria and stretch the timeline until December of 41. It would be easy to split the modules by theater so there are coherent campaigns, scenarios and maps.  A North module has Finland and Naval Infantry, a South module adds the axis minors plus NKVD and VDV.

That seems to be pretty consistent with how Battlefront manages Base Games and modules. I think with the massive amount of work to create early war content, TOE and OOBs, and so on compared to using what is already in-engine, this would be a good way to use the new engine. Working Early to Late with a new engine also avoids trying to sell people the same game twice. That's a problem Command Op 2 ran into. The engine was massively improved but the content was very similar to the previous title.

22 minutes ago, DougPhresh said:

Working Early to Late with a new engine also avoids trying to sell people the same game twice. That's a problem Command Op 2 ran into. The engine was massively improved but the content was very similar to the previous title.

This is a good point.