Shape Shifting Tank

I have either found a bug or the secret to what the next CM game is going to be based on,The Transformers.

The tank in this video is from a Waffen SS Panzer Ad Hoc company. The tank shape shifts every time the camera comes close to the tank.

I have a new install of the complete CMBN family with all modules and no mods installed. 

I am not seeing the same (just tested through deployment on scenario editor) with that IVH in the Panzer Company [Ad Hoc]. Though seeing as the thing in your video changes as it gets closer I would suspect something wrong with the model and lod namings on your machine.

I can get the same to occur through taking the bunker-axis-pak36r.mdr and renaming to pz-ivh-late.mdr, in game when up close the bunker appears but at distance where an lower quality models needed I believe the game then uses pz-ivh-late-lod-2.mdr or pz-ivh-late-lod-4.mdr and so the tank looks as expected. But without mucking about with the games files my installations not seeing the problem.

EDIT: Just seen you uploaded something, will have a look at that too.

Edited by Oliver_88

• 1 year later...