New Shock Force player checking in

Howdy!

I just bought CMSF today. Long time lurker, really enjoying war games with asymmetric forces. Also the more complex and "simulated" the better. :-)

Basically just wanted to say hi and testing the waters in the community here. ;-)

Anything I should know before I delve in?

Cheers!

Hmmm... I thought if one bought the package with all the modules it worked out very economical.

Note that this link provides access to a comprehensive set of all CMSF scenarios and campaigns to date (along with same from other titles).

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B0HhNCJWAbKmcUF0VHRERzdvYTA

However, some will require the NATO and/or Brit modules.

Edited by Erwin

Welcome! We are a small and occasionally eccentric CM subgroup, but for the most part we are big on faithful MilHist and standing 'in the boots' of the tactical commanders. There are no bloodthirsty 11 year olds or teen stormfront groupies here.

Provide me an email via the PM system and I will send you the JOKER THREE and WICKED WEDNESDAY historical Ramadi Marines scenarios, plus the basic mods for my monster map.

17 hours ago, Ragerin said:

Thanks!

Yes, I got the Marines module. They're a bit expensive, so I'll probably sit the other ones out. :-)

Good choice for a module, you'll be compatible with a lot of the older user-made scenarios. The Marines module expanded the Syrians quite a bit as well.

16 hours ago, Erwin said:

Hmmm... I thought if one bought the package with all the modules it worked out very economical.

Note that this link provides access to a comprehensive set of all CMSF scenarios and campaigns to date (along with same from other titles).

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B0HhNCJWAbKmcUF0VHRERzdvYTA

However, some will require the NATO and/or Brit modules.

Yeah, I just wanted to check out the waters some more, before jumping even more in. Also, I was a bit hesitant due to the age of the game, so I were not completely sure that it would run good on my system. :-)

Thank your for the link - I'll definitely check some of the missions out!

Currently I am trying out the campaign and enjoying it quite a bit. Had a few victories in quick battles as well (on training difficulty).

I really feel this game has tons of potential for multiplayer and hope I'll be able to participate when I get the hang of the game!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmW_vcwM_qxukdDjpfUEerpICUzTrTKek

There's not much Shock Force in there, but the basics are timeless.

Here's something to whet your appetite, one of my early videos:

Welcome to the forum. Don't be afraid, we're not all crazy. Well, okay, most of us are...

...or maybe it's just me.