N Africa 1940

These mods can be a great project to rip your teeth into. 

The mods have their limitations.  But there is no guarantee that BFC would ever do Africa. In fact I think they lean away from it.

AND if they did Africa there is again no guarantee they would include that vehicle X or Y that you personally so desire to see in action.

So, just the screenshot above looks exciting to me. Of course those are some stand-ins as this is Hollywood.

I am willing to serve in an advisory capacity if you desire. No charge! :D

I don't think BFC have said they'll "never" do a 1940 family. They have said "never" to any return to the desert. But they changed their mind about that later. It's just that late war is the big seller, so they've started with that, and to make best commercial sense, they are leveraging the existing content by only stepping backwards (or forwards) one year at a time so they don't have to redo everything from scratch for the new Family. So 1940 in any theatre is going to be a long time coming, and it's arguable that the desert is the one BFC least want to do, so would be the last 1940 family they worked on.

And that's assuming that the whole "start in late war and work back" doesn't get reset by the advent of a CMx3...

So, yeah, mods would probably be the way to go...

I don't think BFC have said they'll "never" do a 1940 family. They have said "never" to any return to the desert. But they changed their mind about that later. It's just that late war is the big seller, so they've started with that, and to make best commercial sense, they are leveraging the existing content by only stepping backwards (or forwards) one year at a time so they don't have to redo everything from scratch for the new Family. So 1940 in any theatre is going to be a long time coming, and it's arguable that the desert is the one BFC least want to do, so would be the last 1940 family they worked on.

And that's assuming that the whole "start in late war and work back" doesn't get reset by the advent of a CMx3...

Well i remember reading on here sometime around when CMRT was first announced they planned on doing an entire East front family that would eventually get be in 41-42 So they might be headed to early war.. I really hope they do as early war is more interesting im getting tired of panthers. Give me more Panzer IIs and some Pz38s already

...And that's assuming that the whole "start in late war and work back" doesn't get reset by the advent of a CMx3...

This is terrible news in so many ways if that is the plan...  I have no interest in late WWII battles what so ever (where CM is at now is as late as I like, not including Final Blitzkrieg. (Ok busted, I am looking forward to the last CMFI module however)). :D

I would think that if CM gets a reset, BFC would start with the early war periods instead.  Like maybe North Africa, then Russia, France etc, since they may be missing those time periods this time around...  If not they might be losing a customer down the road as I would rather use mods of CMx2 to get my early war fix then paying for a re-hash of the same old battles /theatres... again.

Edited by Blazing 88's

Greetings  

Are there any plans to create early war modules.  I'd like to play /create some pre-Afrika corp desert scenarios.

Thanks 

Mike

Anything early North Africa please.  Crusader 41...  Gazala 42... El Alamien..., etc.  While we are at it Tunisia as well.  I don`t think I am alone.

Well i remember reading on here sometime around when CMRT was first announced they planned on doing an entire East front family that would eventually get be in 41-42 So they might be headed to early war.. I really hope they do as early war is more interesting im getting tired of panthers. Give me more Panzer IIs and some Pz38s already

And bt 7s

If they start North Africa, which is more likely than France '40 IMHO, I think they will likely start in Tunisia '43 and work backwards in time. This would allow them to use the Ostfront '43 German vehicles as that Family would likely be out by then. This is so far down the road though anything could happen.

If they start North Africa, which is more likely than France '40 IMHO, I think they will likely start in Tunisia '43 and work backwards in time. This would allow them to use the Ostfront '43 German vehicles as that Family would likely be out by then. This is so far down the road though anything could happen.

Seems like a sound plan but doubt we will see any other this until Black sea, Red Thunder, and at least first module for CMFB are completed

I think mods will eventually be created that will quench my thirst for the earlier time periods.  As long as it looks good and is immersive I will download and use it.  Tunisia was modded a few years ago for CMFI... that could be a start I suppose.  That is what is great about this place.

New Year's challenge! Get in the CMFI scenario editor and make an African map and scenario. 

Have fun, keep it small in units, put in the designer's notes what specific time period you are shooting to represent.

Take a look at cmmods3 and see what has already been modded. Egger did some DAK vehicles...

Blazing88's I bet will have a nice 88 out there on the horizon! :D

Very much hope we'll see Afrika Korps make an appearance in the series.  As a huge fan of the CM series, I starts find it getting boring having basically similar vehicles on similar-ish terrain where tactics and techniques for winning are also similar.  In brief: The WW2 series games now feel too similar to each other.  Loved CMSF and the wide open spaces and long range battles, plus maneuver on large maps. 

The youth market for cell phones seems to enjoy buying a slightly different new model every few months for the new flashy gadgets regardless that they are almost the same as the one 6 months ago - in CM terms they would want similar-ish big tanks and guns and blow stuff up. 

But am thinking (hoping) that the CM market is more mature and would purchase early war versions where entirely new tactics have to be learned, and it's harder to get kills. 

I loved seeing Koh's series of vehicle mods for desert warfare.  Good job, mate!

(Am in the process of upgrading and buying new machines for my locations, so I can get back to playing.  Horrified that due to events over the last 12 months, I am about 9+ months behind acquiring all the new mods.)

Edited by Erwin

Very much hope we'll see Afrika Korps make an appearance in the series.  As a huge fan of the CM series, I starts find it getting boring having basically similar vehicles on similar-ish terrain where tactics and techniques for winning are also similar.  In brief: The WW2 series games now feel too similar to each other.  Loved CMSF and the wide open spaces and long range battles, plus maneuver on large maps. 

The youth market for cell phones seems to enjoy buying a slightly different new model every few months for the new flashy gadgets regardless that they are almost the same as the one 6 months ago - in CM terms they would want similar-ish big tanks and guns and blow stuff up. 

But am thinking (hoping) that the CM market is more mature and would purchase early war versions where entirely new tactics have to be learned, and it's harder to get kills. 

I loved seeing Koh's series of vehicle mods for desert warfare.  Good job, mate!

(Am in the process of upgrading and buying new machines for my locations, so I can get back to playing.  Horrified that due to events over the last 12 months, I am about 9+ months behind acquiring all the new mods.)

I think most of us are getting a bit bored of the bigger tanks in the ww2 battles. Would love to see more baby tanks and early war I imagine they keep doing late war so they can reuse as many assets as possible also they prolly sell better