Thinking of buying CMFI

My friend and I have pretty well played all the scenarios for CMBN, Commonwealth and Market Garden modules so we are thinking that we would pick up CMFI.  A couple of questions.  If we buy the bundle do we still have to buy the 3.0 upgrade or is the bundle already updated to 3.0.

Secondly is there a way that we can view the scenarios that come with the bundle.  As we are both Canadians we are interested in playing scenarios that have Canadian forces and also some battles around Cassino.

Thanks in advance for any information or comments.

I highly recommend it.  It has a very different look and feel, with the terrain a major factor. There are many excellent Commonwealth campaigns and scenarios including a Sicily campaign and a Cassino campaign. 

The 3.0 upgrade is separate but well worth the $10. 

CMFI is really it's own game and a whole different challenge.  

Thanks, my friend bought it last night and I will be purchasing it shortly.  He says the graphics are better than CMBN but the downside is that there are only about a dozen battles and none with Canadian forces.  I have started searching the repository and there are some posts here at the forum about Ortona which is a battle that we are interested in.  Is there a Ortona battle or is it a campaign?  Hopefully there are lots of H2H battles that we can download.  Thanks.

I clicked on the Store today to buy the CMFI Bundle and it shows a discounted price of $65.  When I clicked on the delivery method it shows $90 for download.  What gives?

Secondly I assume that a license is for one computer only including the 3.0 upgrade which I am also going to purchase after I install the bundle.  Any help would be appreciated.

Ahhh...you've discovered "the purchase game"! Think of it as a bonus puzzle. Solve it, and you'll reap a rich reward. ;)

Kidding aside, yeah, it's a pita to figure out your options. Toss a screenshot up and we can give better help. Or, someone more knowledgeable about the storefront should be along in a bit.

Okay so I did a screenshot then reduced it using Paint to a size of 311 KB.  Tried to attach it but it says you are only allowed a max of 501 KB.  However my screenshot file is smaller than that so another problem.  I also tried to drag it here and same message.

Since that does not work here is the link to where I was on the Battlefront site.  Click on delivery and you will see that it shows $90.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&product_id=366&category_id=37&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Never mind, when I add it to the cart it shows $65 so my only question is that I assume that the license only allows me to install the game on one computer at a time so I could not install it on my desktop and my laptop at the same time.  Correct?

I thought you could install on a primary and a backup machine, up to three concurrent computers per license if I recall correctly.  Can someone please confirm?

Edited by Badger73

The web site is a PITA and my understanding is it will be revamped. 

The EULA allows you to install on two computers, and has 4 total activations (to account for replacing computers, etc). Each year another activation is added, and even if you run out of them BFC's Helpdesk will usually get you sorted out. Never heard of anyone ever being denied activations. 

So, tl;dr, you can install on two computers simultaneously. 

Edited by Bud_B

If you got the Bundle, then you will automatically get CMFI + Gustav Line installed using one licence key

THEN you need to download and install the 1.12 Gustav Line patch (which patches CMFI at the same time)

THEN you install 3.0. 

once completed, your main screen in CMFI will say v1.12 engine 3.0. 

CanuckGamer,

One of the 'early adopters' of CMFI and Gustav Line here.

You won't be disappointed at all. CMFI / Gustav Line is unique in the WWII family of Battlefront games. Once you are up an running you will notice familiarity of the WWII setting .. yet how unique CMFI is. Great fights in more open environments with some rather unique equipment and forces.

Add to this what is heading our way.... " development efforts over to CMFI's second Module; Gothic Line. This takes CMFI through the end of the war and introduces a bunch of new forces. It's too early to spill the beans on details at this point, but for sure you'll see such things as Waffen SS and various Commonwealth forces...."

Going to get even more interesting! Sounds like no other WWII family will have the international force mix and the unique TOE as CMFI.

Have Fun, Buzz 

• 3 weeks later...

I also recently bought this complete package. But I have must have done something wrong while installing, since my game only show version 1.2. I don't have a game engine tab. 

I installed the game, installed the patch, then the 3.0 thingy. I can change music to off and such, so I'm guessing it is installed? And I think I have seen some holes on tanks that have been destroyed. But even if it is working it is annoying not knowing 100% if the patch is installed or not, since well, it cost extra. Should I uninstall and try again?