CMBS v1.01 Patches are now available

I'm curious as to why Battlefront the files downloaded for Black Sea and the patch are simply named Files.zip rather than something more specific.  I'm not complaining and I had renamed the CMBS download and will rename the patch.  However, I could easily see others accidentally overwriting their 5 GB download.  

Yikes!  Excellent point.  I usually download everything to my one staging folder, then move as appropriate.  I certainly might have overwritten the base game.  It will prompt you before overwriting, but still, the generic files.zip seems like they overlooked giving these new files unique names.

Thank you for pointing this out, Lt. Smash!

Edited by FroBodine

This is very important and until I saw it I couldn't get the installation to take. It doesn't mention that anywhere in the popup documentation.

I downloaded the zip file into the main Combat Mission Black Sea folder and unzipped it to the same place. When I tried to run the setup from there, it hung for about 20 minutes and then I got an error saying the install failed. After I moved the 4 files to another empty folder and ran the setup from there, it worked fine.

This worked for me, thank you.

About the download file name. Unfortunately, that's something we can directly control as it's done automatically by Sharefile. However, we are rethinking our approach to patching. The short of it is we found an option that offers more flexibility (including segmented files), but it isn't as intuitive as the way we've always done things. This patch is a test to see how it goes.

Steve

The game is awesome but I have noticed a few bugs for one the reloading animation is off and units with pistols do not show them on their equipment for example they do not have holsters, I love this game already sunk in like 65 hours

Reloading and pistols?  Which units do you mean, and under what conditions?

By pistols I'm going on what Chris said on the streams how every unit has his equipment present on his body, my sniper was running around with a pistol but didn't have a holster on his thigh or vest I noticed on a night QB, and same with the reload animation for rifles, they take the magazine out and the kinda fumble around a bit and a magazine appears in their rifles

I'm a little confused on the fine print about PBEM's and mods.

PBEMs -- do I need to literally save all of my pbem's in the command phase, patch, and then resume from saved games?  Or can I patch and just keep going seamlessly?  Sounds like the former, but would like to be sure.

Mods -- I have a couple of ones that were sent via PM the day of release.  I'm assuming that "take out your mods now" verbiage also applies to those?  So does that mean we can't use them again until they are updated by their creators?

Sorry for the questions, just want to be sure I do not let my PBEM opponents down, and I am really enjoying the mods that were released so early to us, and are so very awesome.

Sounds like the former

It is the former.

Mods -- I have a couple of ones that were sent via PM the day of release.  I'm assuming that "take out your mods now" verbiage also applies to those?  So does that mean we can't use them again until they are updated by their creators?

Unless one of those mods is Vin's Animated Text you really don't have to worry about removing them at all. As a beta tester I get new "patches" nearly every week and I never remove my mods.

Maybe I should clarify -- do both sides have to save after the new patch, and then re-open, or does it work fine going forward with just one side who is patched re-saving the file?  I saw some weirdness in a game I am almost done with, where I was able to enter an incorrect pw for an opponent's turn (my own fault for not paying attention to what turn it was) and I was able to see his side.... :huh:   Seems like a major bug! 

I am not patched, he is, is that the issue?  Regardless, if this is something that works for more than just this one instance, unpatched folks would be able to peep in on their opponents... though I of course would never do that, I don't want to win necessarily, I just want to play a real person!

Edited by Capt. Toleran

PBEMs -- do I need to literally save all of my pbem's in the command phase, patch, and then resume from saved games?

Yes, so before patching make a copy and patch that. Now you can update games as needed and as you coordinate with your PBEM opponents.

Mods -- I have a couple of ones that were sent via PM the day of release. I'm assuming that "take out your mods now" verbiage also applies to those? So does that mean we can't use them again until they are updated by their creators?

Only some mods are actually effected by a patch. The ones that effect the UI are more likely to, vehicle and uniform skins less likely. The advice is to remove them and make sure that the game plays properly and then add them back. That way you know that you start from a good place.

I ignore that advice :) the one mid that is widely known to need a new version with patches is Vin's animated text. So I actually install that mod in my game's install directory and not in the my documents directory. That way each version of my CMBS game has the matching animated text mod and they share all the other.

• 1 month later...