[RELEASED]Juju's 'The railyard at Pitrovsk' scenario and more

Juju

I made a copy of the original "The railyard at Pitrovsk" scenario to change. This way you can't screw up anything = safe.

Look in Juju's 'The railyard at Pitrovsk' folder and see … for example mod file - “studebakerus6-hull [TRaP]”

TRaP is the mod tag you need for the mod to appear in the scenario.

Create a text (.txt) file and write a "Tag" … in this example … TRaP

Save this text file in the RT "Game Files" folder.

Open the Editor from within the game to add the tag to a scenario.

Select "Mission" screen in Editor. Look at the top left menu.

At the bottom of this list of text selections is a selection called "Mod Tags".

Click that.

"Clear" the existing mod tag 'trap'

"Import" to load the Mod Tag .

See Mod Tag name TRaP in the large UI window.

Save your scenario.

Enjoy:D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't have an effect for me, and I'm on a Mac too. Everything looked fine either way.

It's a tough one to win if you aren't patient. As you note there are a lots of ways for the Russians to cause casualties and you'll need a fair number remaining plus some fire support to take the rail yard.

I ran through it several times play testing and did well once. But that was after already knowing a fair amount (by being shot up and failing).

I don't want to give away any spoilers but there are at least a few options for cover and concealment and different axis of advance to try.

Glad to help General. The entire package will be very noticeable when all the mod tags are recognized.

Ultradave ,You got all the mods showing with mod tag 'trap'! Didn't work on my hackintosh like that. Yes it is a fun and graphically interesting scenario. I know what not to do after run #1. I don't mind replaying a scenario if it is interesting to look at and well set up and "The railyard at Pitrovsk" is both.

Buzz: I know to change the names of files in a mod folder, but your instructions sound like that is not sufficient. It's still way above my poor head. I have never even dared look at the editor. CM1 editor was enuff for me.

Anyhow all the file names I checked in JuJu's folder read "TRaP" in their names.

PS: It bothers me that one has to practically become a programmer to get things done in CM2. My all-time favorite WW2 sim Panzer Elite SE suffered from that. It eventually disappeared into a vortex of its own complexity as more and more people gave up trying to figure out the mods stuff.

I guess this stuff is really fun for many folks. But, for me it's a horror show PITA.

Buzz: I know to change the names of files in a mod folder, but your instructions sound like that is not sufficient. It's still way above my poor head. I have never even dared look at the editor. CM1 editor was enuff for me.

Anyhow all the file names I checked in JuJu's folder read "TRaP" in their names.

PS: It bothers me that one has to practically become a programmer to get things done in CM2. My all-time favorite WW2 sim Panzer Elite SE suffered from that. It eventually disappeared into a vortex of its own complexity as more and more people gave up trying to figure out the mods stuff.

I guess this stuff is really fun for many folks. But, for me it's a horror show PITA.

Hi Erwin,

You do not change the names of files in any mod folder.

You change the mod tag name in the Editor.

If you can see the rail car you should be OK and not have to change anything.

If you see "a mix of truck and railcar very odd looking" then you change the mod tag name in the Editor.

It is not too difficult. I am sure if you spent an afternoon playing with the ditor with all your game experience it would be a piece of cake for you.

Maybe someone could make a how to video on Mod Tags?

Okay Buzz your instructions worked for me. Thank you! :)

I made a TRaP .txt file in test editor and it did not work!

I made a TRaP.txt text file in microsorft word and it worked.

The mods did not show up in my saved games but showed up in a new game.

Juju thanks for this... your Mods are a staple towards my game enjoyment :)

Going forward, is this going to be a problem/solution for Mod tags(for macs)? if so I think a sticky is in order.

Umlaut, your mods...I am at a loss for words Wow. Thank you :D

Thanks for explaing things, Buzz. I had one mac user as tester (Ultradave) and everything checked out on his machine. This tagging thing seems to have things going on under the hood which are not yet clear to us modders.

Look in Juju's 'The railyard at Pitrovsk' folder and see … for example mod file - “studebakerus6-hull [TRaP]”

<snip>

Okay Buzz your instructions worked for me. Thank you! :)

I made a TRaP .txt file in test editor and it did not work!

I made a TRaP.txt text file in microsorft word and it worked.

Thanks for explaing things, Buzz. I had one mac user as tester (Ultradave) and everything checked out on his machine. This tagging thing seems to have things going on under the hood which are not yet clear to us modders.

Sounds like you found a defect here - it would be good if we can isolate the issue and report it. Am I following this correctly it work on Windows but no on Mac. Although @Juju says it worked for @Ultradave so that seems odd too.

I do not have a Mac so I cannot test this. Also I have never tried tags out so I am even more in the dark than you guys but I would like to help get is into the defect system so it can be looked at. @Buzz can you send me the file that worked and the one that did not work? I can dl the @Juju's package. Send me a PM and I'll send you my email so you have a place to send files.

I can't get the mods for this to show, tried everything. I use a lot of mods already so I bet something is conflicting. I may try just the mods for this scenario and disable everything else. Just frustrating cause I thought the whole mod tag thing was to prevent this.

There shouldn't really be 'conflict' as you say. You're not on a Mac by any chance? Other than that (and this is a longhot), have you tried putting them in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Red Thunder\Data\Z" (or wherever you have your game installed) instead of "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder\User Data\Mods"?

Station looks superb..love it! S0 far about 15 mins in and have lost about 14 soldiers mainly due to arty. Though lost about 4 to rushing in an area I knew I should be extra cautious.

Thanks!

Arty, eh? That's interesting. Your own or Soviet, if I may ask?

There can be nasty surprises here and there, but I assure you, only two of them are deliberate. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally “Buzzed” the Bolshevist's with a T.V. in my late summer counter-strike(s) ... meaning it only took me four attempts to take the train yard and the marketplace :)

Masterful scenario design and detailed mod tag combination made for an elegant and enjoyable battle each time.

Elite RT with pauses and an abundance action was difficult for me in RT. I would recommend this scenario playing Railyard at Pitrovsk' in WeGo.

Enjoy the well made and unique features of catching the train. Recommended scenario.

Thank you Juju, TanksaLot, Umlaut, Kohlenklau, Ultradave and Mjkerner.

Buzz, rocketman, thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked it, and that this first attempt at making a sceanario wasn't a total disaster or waste of time. ;)

For your first attempt you done good... real good Juju. Lots of intense up close action catching the train. I applaud your design, modding and over all results. I will play it again ... maybe in WeGo and see how that runs.

Was that on you 1st play through rocketman? Great job!

"Should add that it was a hard fought victory with a lot of casualties. This scenario is no pushover or for the faint of heart."

Accurate as well. Felt like as I made progress Ivan was repositioning to keep the train in the station and my guys could not buy tickets :)

Playing Railyard in Elite RT with pauses was tough. Even when I concentrated the forces up the middle (a little easier to focus in RT) there was enough action that things got hectic in a fun way. I got lost in the interest at platoon level action several times because the darn scenario was visually interesting with all the mod tags. Cool job Juju and all.