Kudos on the manual, BFC

Making a manual is such a thankless job I would suspect. You have to write it all down, then try and come up with possible interpretations for rules or mechanics, all in the interest of making the game more easily understood and intuitive. Battlefront, you guys have always put out stellar manuals, and I want to let you know it's greatly appreciated.

Very good indeed, but one thing I don't like (and it's becoming a trend) is that a lot of text for the weapon entries are a direct copy & paste from Wikipedia. You end up then with inconsistencies like different designations for 7.92mm being listed for the various German rifles and MGs.

Chris has taken over the main manual writing duties from me a while ago and has been improving on the result steadily, and all around, but especially for new player tutorials and some of the more fuzzy areas like C2. Kudos indeed. You can't in fact even imagine what a tough job putting together a good relevant manual is for a game that's changing up to the very last minute before release... and after.

"Ah, the typical internet sarcasm reply. I wouldn't expect anything less."

No actually I was being serious. My friend from work has played the CM:FI demo a couple times. He generally likes the challenge and does game, but his taste runs towards Company of Heroes for a recent title and Panzer General going all Old School.

He finds the interface and camera a bit clunky so his learning curve is a bit steeper. I think this manual with the detailed yet easily comprehended explanations of game functions will even that out a bit. Combined with his general interest in the subject matter, this manual just might tip the balance for him to commit to mastering the game.

Such cynicism...tsk tsk

Don't worry bout that one chris hell your keepin us alive son.Enjoy your broadcasts.i played coh for 4 yrs was a beta tester for halftracks battle of the bulge mod.Best one for that game for sure.To be honest it donest compare to cm.Everything they want to implement is already here in cm promise you.

"Ah, the typical internet sarcasm reply. I wouldn't expect anything less."

No actually I was being serious. My friend from work has played the CM:FI demo a couple times. He generally likes the challenge and does game, but his taste runs towards Company of Heroes for a recent title and Panzer General going all Old School.

He finds the interface and camera a bit clunky so his learning curve is a bit steeper. I think this manual with the detailed yet easily comprehended explanations of game functions will even that out a bit. Combined with his general interest in the subject matter, this manual just might tip the balance for him to commit to mastering the game.

Such cynicism...tsk tsk

You have my sincere apologies, then. :)

I want to add my voice to the kudos as well. I've written a tech manual or two and they can be easy compared with something like this. Nice work indeed (and again!). The CM manuals are some of the best I've seen for any endeavour. That's saying something.

Thanks guys! ChrisND and Moon deserve all the credit for the improvements (OK, I did some work too ;)). This is a result of two things:

1. We no longer have to write huge gobs of new or modified stuff for the core engine. This has freed up time to rework older stuff and make sure newer stuff is as accurate as possible. I can't tell you how hard it is to write a manual for features that haven't even been coded yet, not to mention play tested!

2. We have ChrisND onboard and that gives us the extra eyes and tapping fingers needed to get the work done

Steve