Whoa - it's out?

Also, I can understand the impatience. :D

I don't know how many of you have played FTL: Faster Than Light, but I'm a huge fan of the game. There's an Advanced Edition with all sorts of new goodies that is supposed to be released "early 2014", and there hasn't been any further word on when it's coming out. I'm just about bursting with impatience to get my grubby paws on it!

I love FTL - probably one of the most difficult I've played in years. The 'teasing' about the 'Advanced' edition and then complete silence is maddening!

One game with a similar premise - and that reminds me a lot of Starflight - is Pulsar: Lost Colony. It's kind of FTL brought to the next level.

We're quite close, that's for sure. But there's some t's that need to be crossed and i's that need to be dotted. Thankfully not many are left

Good to hear that, and godspeed with the release!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't played FTL, we do have a five player Sword of the Stars 2 weekly Lan Party game going right now, the general war has just started, lost two fleets going into the Gorn system. Did I say Gorn? The reptile folks I guess.

Its fairly stable now, we haven't had a crash yet, turn 170, big map. Its not a good SP, game, AI useless, but MP Lan rocks.

Still slow optimization though. Also kind of in a late beta stage still, if only they had the staffing and funding to get it done right.

The Lan Party helps me forget RT for a few hours a week, the rest of the time I wait...

When the BFC silence is broken the release in imminent.

What does 'imminent' mean?

And what does 'silence' mean?

and what does 'is' mean?

I think this wait for Red Thunder is making me dumber somehow...

Maby I should eat and drink something before it is released instead of just sitting here pressing F5?

and what does 'is' mean?

Maby I should eat and drink something before it is released instead of just sitting here pressing F5?

I don't have a clue. BFC had been quiet on the forums for a few weeks. Typically once Steve starts to post again something happens quickly. Just a trend from previous releases.

After March 13 Steve posted 2 times on the 17th, 2 times on the 18th, and then not till the 23rd. This is consistent with a release in the very near future. Also, Steve explicitly stated that CMRT would be released with in 8 weeks of the pre-order (Jan 30) and that if it wasn't, they would let us know why. Given the fact that I know that Steve is a man of his word :), I think CMRT will be available for download within the next 48 hours.

At least I hope so.

After March 13 Steve posted 2 times on the 17th, 2 times on the 18th, and then not till the 23rd. This is consistent with a release in the very near future. Also, Steve explicitly stated that CMRT would be released with in 8 weeks of the pre-order (Jan 30) and that if it wasn't, they would let us know why. Given the fact that I know that Steve is a man of his word :), I think CMRT will be available for download within the next 48 hours.

At least I hope so.

>Getting so pumped for the release ill take any sort of guess and make it true.

I'm desperate man!

I've been monitoring the battlefront front page. I was convinced the next time it changed would be to announce the release of RT. I checked this morning - yay it has changed - Oh, it's about a review of CMMG.

I know Steve recently said they are "close" and it was just a matter of dotting i's and crossing t's, but we're now closing in on 8 weeks since pre-orders. There must be more dotting and crossing needed than expected, or something has come up/gone wrong.

and what does 'is' mean?

I know what you mean! In another thread, a member posted this: "Yes, I also think that between March 22nd - 25th we'll have the optimal launch window"

WHAT THE HECK IS "OPTIMAL"??? SO now where I am sitting it is officially March 27 so we are now beyond "optimal" .. I guess it is a good thing this is a game launch and not a space shuttle.

I know what you mean! In another thread, a member posted this: "Yes, I also think that between March 22nd - 25th we'll have the optimal launch window"

WHAT THE HECK IS "OPTIMAL"??? SO now where I am sitting it is officially March 27 so we are now beyond "optimal" .. I guess it is a good thing this is a game launch and not a space shuttle.

That was me, mate, and it makes me sad that I was wrong :(

I meant "optimal" after seeing the rate at which the little details of the game art were falling into place (weapons icons, units icons, splash screens, etc.) on Bil and Elvis AAR and Chris' videos. Certainly, it's not a space shuttle launch, and those tended to get stopped quite often, but a game launch does indeed involve going through checklists which can be quite long.

At least Battlefront self-publishes its games, so we don't have to worry about "orbital mechanics" such as "release can only happen at 0000 PDT" or "Thursday is the day brick-and-mortar store chain X puts new items on their shelves".

That was me, mate, and it makes me sad that I was wrong :(

I meant "optimal" after seeing the rate at which the little details of the game art were falling into place (weapons icons, units icons, splash screens, etc.) on Bil and Elvis AAR and Chris' videos. Certainly, it's not a space shuttle launch, and those tended to get stopped quite often, but a game launch does indeed involve going through checklists which can be quite long.

Thanks for explaining your analogy/ metaphor. Its really not a bad way to think about it at all. So, don't be said because I am sure CMRT will be out "pretty soon" :D Oh brother, now I am doing it too.