How do I gift CM downloads?

You know, I've always said the people on this forum are so helpful.

But, to make it easier, why don't you send me your bank account numbers along with any social security numbers and passwords and I can directly deposit the funds. :D

Hello Ted!

It's never been easier getting a BFC gift certificate! Put the desired amount of cash (min. $100) inside an envelope equipped with sufficient stampage and send it to address

Mr. Sergei

P.O. Box 176-167

Finland

I've sent five envelopes to this address, and the gift certificate hasn't been sent out yet. What gives?

Doug Williams,

Based on what I've seen to date, this, to me, not a verb, has been unleashed upon us as a result of Hollywood speak.

GraemeA,

Cool tool, and the other's definitely news to me.

sfhand,

And what you said's even bigger news. I suspect the 1550 period usage didn't last long, but I could be wrong. I'm campaigning for the return of "gruntled" (content, happy) to mainstream use. Already, I've seen it happen several times. Another one I like is "underwhelmed," a really useful word covering such situations as "The Air Force was completely underwhelmed when the XF-25 failed to meet performance requirements, and that service is thinking about canceling the program." The word connotes a failure to meet expectations, whereas the accepted "overwhelmed" connotes something altogether different.

And don't get me started on the poor immigrant trying to navigate "flammable" and "inflammable," "sick" in standard and colloquial usage ( I frequently have to ask which way it's being used), also "bad." For real fun, there are "struck" and "stricken." The former is used in all cases except disease. Thus, military target was struck, but the Chinese were stricken by SARS. Had to retrain on those.

These are but a few of the reasons I'm glad I was taught English as someone born here in the States. That said, the English I was taught is, in many ways, practically a ruin.

Ted,

Good idea, but Sergei saw you coming. On a wry note, how hard is it to get Blue Point oysters where you live? Is that the Blue Point from which their name comes?

Sergei,

Human nature being what it is, you may well find your game purchase coffers expanding per your gift certificate approach. Better yet, float this on a forum with gobs of traffic and fairly dim, single topic focused members. Something with armor classes, hit points and respawns. NOT this august global body.

Regards,

John Kettler

As a matter of fact it is John.

It's always possible to get them in season, about 9 months out of the year.

A friend recently turned me on to oysters with Absolute Peppar and a dash of cocktail sauce.

Calls them Oyster Shooters. :)

If you would like a dozen just send me a gift certificate.

You can get them from Sergei.