Lynx Textures

I seem to be missing some. Is this happening to anyone else? I am running 2.12. I didn't notice this before hand but it may have been this way. I installed both 2.11 and 2.12 without any mods in the z folder. I get this problem using mods and without using them. I was hoping you guys could check your game before I do any more investigating to see if it is something that was introduced in a patch.

tr6b.jpg

jehr.jpg

Mord.

I seem to be missing some. Is this happening to anyone else? I am running 2.12. I didn't notice this before hand but it may have been this way. I installed both 2.11 and 2.12 without any mods in the z folder. I get this problem using mods and without using them. I was hoping you guys could check your game before I do any more investigating to see if it is something that was introduced in a patch.

tr6b.jpg

jehr.jpg

Mord.

Yup I can confirm this as well, just spawned one in QB.

Running patch 2.12

Does your Lynx look like mine or Mord's?

Mine looks like yours - when I have removed my mods. On a PC running win XP.

Which is a bit strange as it definitely looked like Mords when I had just installed CW.

I wonder if the difference could be that Mord perhaps didn´t install the 2.00 upgrade? (just guessing)

Well, there does seem to be an anomaly here. I clicked the exe in the actual CMBN folder (not Desktop) and the other Lynx showed up but was missing the same textures. What I have noticed is that 2.0 does not overwrite the Desktop icon when it installs (I don't think the last patch did either). I end up with two...I think I deleted the newer one. That may be the problem. I'll uninstall and do a full reinstall and report back what happens. But I know I installed 2.0, I was very careful.

Mord.

Pretty sure I do. I was very careful about going in order. I spent probably 45 minutes installing. But I'll do as stated above and then at least I'll know I am starting with a clean install.

Mord.

Ok. So I reinstalled everything and it seems to be working fine.

I have a suspicion/question. All the way up to MG, during installation, when I'd click the box to add a desktop shortcut, the old one on my desktop would be replaced. But with MG and 2.12 the install creates a completely new shortcut so I end up with two. The original called "CM Battle for Normandy" and the new one, "Launch CMBN battle for Normandy". Last time around (when I had the problem with the Lynx) I deleted the newest "Launch CMBN..." Could it be that the older shortcut was somehow pointing to a previous version and screwing up the textures?

Mord.

AFAIK, not unless you have the game installed incorrectly. Note that the latest versions create a new "Activate" shortcut on the desktop using the same icon, but that is not for launching the game. That may be what you are seeing.

As Mikey has noted, the most likely problem is that you skipped v1.11 during installation and so are missing the updated Lynx model. Can you confirm whether or not the v1.11 .brz is in your Data folder?

It was putting both on the desktop, "activate" and "Launch CMBN Battle For Normandy". The previous icons up until MG were titled "CM battle for Normandy"

Yeah, the 1.11 is loaded. The only other thing that may have happened is that when I exploded all the brz's (back during the previous install) I might have moved the 1.11 brz instead of copying it to the rez explode folder.

Another issue I have noticed on three installs in a row, is that up until I install 1.11, infantry won't show up. But that's a whole 'nother issue. Normally I would suspect Norton but I have it down now and it doesn't scan anything to do with CM.

At this stage everything seems to be ok.

Mord.

Usually (always?) a patch will involve a new BRZ for the Data folder and an updated game and module exe. Overwriting the game and module exe is something you want to avoid when trying to patch out of sequence. Especially with the big 2.0 upgrade between v1.11 and the latest.

A possible solution might be to copy the entire game folder, apply the v1.11 patch to the copy, then move the 1.11 BRZ to the original and delete the game copy. That way you get the v1.11 brz without inadvertently overwriting anything you don't want to.