Wish list?

I have been away from the Combat Mission series for some time but excited to see that the 2.0 upgrade was available etc.... I have played many battles now and decided to see if there was a wish list for the next upgrade. I did not see one on the forum so if there is forgive me... Anyway, here are a few things I would like to see implemented in the next upgrade, mostly eye candy.

1. The animation of the models of the infantry looks like they are running on ice. The feet are moving but they don't seem to move realistically, they appear to be running in place. The Total War series seems to model this better... I would like to see a fix for this as this was an issue with the original game years ago.

2. How about models that show damage such as when a tank brews up.... instead of just showing an explosion/flames/smoke (very well done however) it would be cool to see turrets blown off or mangled armor plate etc... This is can certainly be done and would add a lot to the immersion factor I think.

3. Realistic road curves... It's been done before. I realize because of the grid framework of the maps it might be difficult but again it has been done.

4. Fix the path finding issues. To me, this is the biggest game breaker next to the sometimes snoozing A.I.

5. Quick battles are fun but sometimes the A.I. forces just sit and are not even aware they are threatened.

These are just a few suggestions. If these have been discussed before please forgive me! (and they probably have). I DID search for it however. :)

S.

There's a thread over on the FI forum which is a fount of good ideas with minimal kibitzing about practicality. One note of caution: it's probably not a great idea to get too fixed in your mind what can "certainly be done"... Just because other games do things, for example, doesn't mean that they're practicable in the CM environment.

There's a thread over on the FI forum which is a fount of good ideas with minimal kibitzing about practicality. One note of caution: it's probably not a great idea to get too fixed in your mind what can "certainly be done"... Just because other games do things, for example, doesn't mean that they're practicable in the CM environment.

Understood. I did not mean to be "Matter of fact" when I said "certainly". Perhaps because I see animations on the models (doors opening for bail outs etc) I figured complete brew ups might be possible or other disfigurement.

thanks...

Well since someone brought up another wish list tread.

Heres Somethings I would like to see:D

Train engines, flatcars and boxcars.

Motorcycles and sidecars. ( Why Not)

Brush camouflage on tanks and vehicles. ( Like actual brush placed on top and sides of vehicles)

Horse Pulled wagons. ( Might not be able to be done)

Farm animals. ( Gracing in fields and shotup rotting corpses)

Hold fire and wait for open fire order. ( Hate when spotters open up on tanks with K 98 or P38 when im trying to setup an ambush! Hide makes them put their face in the dirt and they cant see anything)

Wont talk about blowing up bridges. ( Hate getting yelled at:D)

Medics and MPs.

Old style CMBB Campaigns for idiots setup!!!! ( I used to love making Campaigns, but now you have to be a rocket scientist to make a Campaign!)

That's just some things on my wishlist, but I would like to see some things fixed or work a bit better like Pathfinding and I would love to see some more Campaigns put in the Game. Its Three Modules later and there is still no SS Campaigns!

I love the game and will always be a dedicated fan.

Keep up the great work BF

Well since someone brought up another wish list tread.

Heres Somethings I would like to see:D

Motorcycles and sidecars. ( Why Not)

Brush camouflage on tanks and vehicles. ( Like actual brush placed on top and sides of vehicles)

Horse Pulled wagons. ( Might not be able to be done)

Farm animals. ( Gracing in fields and shotup rotting corpses)

Hold fire and wait for open fire order. ( Hate when spotters open up on tanks with K 98 or P38 when im trying to setup an ambush! Hide makes them put their face in the dirt and they cant see anything)

Wont talk about blowing up bridges. ( Hate getting yelled at:D)

Medics and MPs.

Old style CMBB Campaigns for idiots setup!!!! ( I used to love making Campaigns, but now you have to be a rocket scientist to make a Campaign!)

That's just some things on my wishlist, but I would like to see some things fixed or work a bit better like Pathfinding and I would love to see some more Campaigns put in the Game. Its Three Modules later and there is still no SS Campaigns!

I love the game and will always be a dedicated fan.

Keep up the great work BF

Great ideas! I agree... that hold fire order would be a MUST. All of these things maybe in 3.0 ;)

and AI that won't just sit there or drive around blindly.

Haven't seen that happen esp the drive blindly..the AI is as good as the scenario maker..one reason why playing a QB against the AI isn't going to show the game at it's best. I never bother with QB because of this. Though I'd like the AI to be more responsive to the situation as it develops and the scenario makers to be given the tools\features needed to really make the AI play as well as it can I will say I've had my backside kicked god knows how often over the last couple of years.

Haven't seen that happen esp the drive blindly..the AI is as good as the scenario maker..one reason why playing a QB against the AI isn't going to show the game at it's best. I never bother with QB because of this. Though I'd like the AI to be more responsive to the situation as it develops and the scenario makers to be given the tools\features needed to really make the AI play as well as it can I will say I've had my backside kicked god knows how often over the last couple of years.

I've had ok results against the AI if I attack them. I prefer to play with quite small forces for RT mode and have found this not too bad. The AI is generally rubbish at placement though.

I'd go with better AI as high up the wish list.

Wish lists are always fine but perhaps some of the features you want are impossible to implement, I'd like to see the BF wish list.

What are their priorities for the series going forwards. I find this much more interesting than mere speculation.

Sometimes the AI doesn't know what to do because of the "map polarity" bug where having (for example) Allies attack on a QB map designated as Axis Attack leaves initial placements FUBAR. It's map-specific, AIUI, and will, eventually, be ironed out. But other than that, the AI for QBs is always going to be somewhat hamstrung by not knowing what the force selection will be. Scenarios are significantly easier to design challenging AI plans for.

I'm pretty sure "better AI" is on everyone's wish list :)

These are high on my list too:

And - of course:

;)

I´m not against wishlists, consider the more ideas from the commnunity the more possibilites to find something interesting. Battlefront is not forced to accept everything that comes from the thread. It´s much easier to get real gems between 200 suggestions than get them in 50. Eventually CM quality will increase.

Yeah that would be fun - to see how the forum explodes when everyone finds out that BFCs priorities do not match his.

:D

They are working to their plans whatever we do, why just not get those plans out in the open, publish a framework perhaps? Wouldn't bother me finding out their roadmap for the next few games, even if it wasn't my cup of tea I'm sure I can handle the knowledge without going berserk, or my eyes starting to bleed.

They are working to their plans whatever we do, why just not get those plans out in the open, publish a framework perhaps?

I don't know BFC's reasoning on this, but I do note that they have competitors and would-be competitors who would love to know what BFC has in its bag of tricks for the near future. Not that it is likely that another company is going to get to the market first and do a better job of it, but if I were BFC I would be asking myself, "Why muddy the waters?"

Michael

I don't know BFC's reasoning on this, but I do note that they have competitors and would-be competitors who would love to know what BFC has in its bag of tricks for the near future. Not that it is likely that another company is going to get to the market first and do a better job of it, but if I were BFC I would be asking myself, "Why muddy the waters?"

Michael

Competitors? No one in their right mind would follow up with a game of same scale of control and representation, just in case there was anyone interested in the market at all.

I would sure like a repetition of the "oh yeah Charles fixed the MGs" moment for, well, pretty much any one of the items we were tossing around.