5 Days?

para

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve's definition of 'short time' and my definition of 'short time' are vastly different. :D F5 F5 F5 F5...

Yeah, his concept includes a hectic time trying to tie up all the loose ends and iron out all the last minute problems before the first snows fall, whereas yours involves sitting alone in an empty room listening to a clock ticking, ticking, ticking.

:D

Michael

Well at least these guys test and don't release a product until they're satisfied with it unlike others i could mention.A certain Rome product anybody.I got suckered with Empire and never went back.

Wish i could get out of the habit of checking the BF forum every hour though and my,you never know attitude.I could be doing that for another few weeks yet,god forbid :rolleyes:

We've got some serious economic trouble here in Holland and if Battlefront doesn't hurry, no Dutchman (me, that is, a 51 year old temp with pretty bad job prospects) can afford no game no more.

What am I going to choose? Market Garden or food? :D

I must admit I don't understand the problem. If you are going to be running out of money in the near future, why would you be spending it now on a game? Or to put it another way, if you can afford the game now, why not put that sum aside so it will be available if the game comes out in a month? You gotta think these things through...

Michael

I do hope you noticed the big green smiley thing. I've asked and hoped, begged and prayed for a speedy MG-release. In vain, so I finally tried a little emotional blackmail (with a preacher-like undertone, I know.)

On a serious note: of course I have the MG-euro's safely put aside, but do not forget that putting money aside is fine as long as one can pay ones bills. If it comes down to not being able to pay your utilities and rent (not yet in my case by the way), the stashed away game-money outlives it's purpose (no electricity = no game!).

I never thought it possible, but there are people in The Netherlands - one of the richest countries in the world - who are in those dire circumstances. A lot of folks say it's their own fault, and for some that is certainly true, but for others it's not.

We've got some serious economic trouble here in Holland and if Battlefront doesn't hurry, no Dutchman (me, that is, a 51 year old temp with pretty bad job prospects) can afford no game no more.

Serious economical trouble yes, but still among the wealthiest countries in the world. So the choice you are picturing is somewhat exaggerated. Although I'm sorry to hear things are not going well for you.

Serious economical trouble yes, but still among the wealthiest countries in the world. So the choice you are picturing is somewhat exaggerated.

Remember. Battlefront sends a direct email to those who have pre-ordered to alert them of the availabilty of the download before a general announcement.

They also ask that those who get the email alert not announce it on the forum, so that the download sites do not get swamped right away.

Of course some knucklehead always announces it on the forum and the download sites slow down. I usually wait a day or two after release, and get my download done in about a minute and a half. It takes time to coordinate with your pbem partners anyway.

I think the announcement was at the end of August, and then they said from 4-6 weeks, so I think the refresh monkeys may be a bit premature... add in a couple of bugs mentioned in the beta AARs and you're probably looking at 6+?

Exactly. Deadlines at BFC can always slip until later. I don't think they will ever release a game earlier than announced though. If I am wrong and they do someday, we should declare a national holiday and put up a monument.

:D

Michael