Operation Market Garden announced!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love that music...Would like to have it as an intro too. Great footage, thanks Para. Man, that must have been a sight!

What a magnificent sight that must of been.

Can you imagine the feelings of the (your countrymen) Dutch after years of occupation, seeing all those men dropping from the sky?

If you look carefully at 8.18 it looks like one poor blokes chute fails.. :(

The music of your formative years never leaves you. When I was a kid, I listened to the new releases from the Beatles and the Stones on the radio. The 70's also brought along a lot of incredible music. (Yes, I liked Abba too!) ABC is from the 80's and I was already beginning to think that 'they don't write proper pop music anymore' way back then.

As it happened, my mom brought me up to appreciate Bach and Mozart as well and they've never left me. I've never forgotten the impact the first movement of Mozart's 40th Symphony had on me when I first heard it as a child. It's nice now, as an adult, to be able to play some of my favourite Bach pieces on the piano now as well. (The preludes rather than the fugues, of course, but also the main theme of the Goldberg variations. That one was particularly satisfying to learn to play and sometimes I still can't believe that it's me playing it.

Must be a great feeling. And you have a lot to be grateful for with such a mother. For me the first experience with classical music that really moved me was a documentary on medieval castles, shown with the music of Ravel's Bolero. I will never forget it, I was so impressed and I still think of castles when I hear it. Must be at least 40 years ago. After that I began to discover Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner and so on. Wonderful.

Dear Mr Battlefront,

will we be able to create a campaing about John Frost epic defense at the bridge?...i.e. without the magical "damaged buildings" reconstruction and "destroyed vehicles" removal...I'm almost certain that you know what i mean.

is this feature expected to arrive to the CM engine? (..lucky me didn't write "return"...)...I can't imagine an Arhem bridge or LZ defensive campaing or even bulge's Bastogne ones.

Thank you in advance.

Must be a great feeling. And you have a lot to be grateful for with such a mother. For me the first experience with classical music that really moved me was a documentary on medieval castles, shown with the music of Ravel's Bolero. I will never forget it, I was so impressed and I still think of castles when I hear it. Must be at least 40 years ago. After that I began to discover Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner and so on. Wonderful.

You know what got me into listening to and enjoying classical type music? Excalibur and Apocalypse Now! Carl Orff's O Fortuna and Siegfried's Funeral March and the the Ride of the Valkries by Wagner.

You know what got me into listening to and enjoying classical type music? Excalibur and Apocalypse Now! Carl Orff's O Fortuna and Siegfried's Funeral March and the the Ride of the Valkries by Wagner.

Ahhh, yes, all of it wonderful music. There is SO much splendid music around. From opera to ethnic music and from pop to Gregorian. For instance Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory, during the Proms. Goosebumbs guaranteed, year in, year out. Music from movies, like Gladiator, Alexander, King Arthur etc. etc.

Well, music is important. ;-)

What a magnificent sight that must of been.

Can you imagine the feelings of the (your countrymen) Dutch after years of occupation, seeing all those men dropping from the sky?

If you look carefully at 8.18 it looks like one poor blokes chute fails.. :(

Actually I think that may be a supply cannister.

Is there a timeframe when this will be released?

A Battlefront release is never late, nor is it ever early. It's released precisely when Battlefront means it to. (wise logic I live by to not be dissapointed when it comes to release dates... hehe)

From the announcement: "Combat Mission Battle for Normandy: "Market Garden" will be available for Download, Mail Delivery or both Download & Mail later this summer, exclusively from Battlefront.com!"

1. BFC mentions a date that they honestly hope they will be able to release a title.

2. Some people take that date as carved in stone.

3. Problems crop up that must be ironed out before a reasonably bug-free product can be released. As a consequence, production schedule is extended.

4. Much weeping and gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes among the set mentioned in Phase 2, accompanied by bitter accusations of betrayal on the part of BFC.

And so it goes...

Michael