Large urban map, Ciembienne, released

Thanks guys. Happy you like it.

Has anyone tried playing the "quick-scenario"? If so, I´d really appreciate any comments you might have (please send me a PM). I´m fully aware that it is far from ready, but your comments would help me steer it in the right direction.

Cheers

Nice map, I saw pictures now try to download. What about scenario?

Look above: In post #25 I´ve posted a link to a very rudimentary scenario (see description above).

I´ll probably release a more thoroughly tested scenario at a later time. But I cant say when.

Cheers

Errmm. I´m afraid I have to face that the scenario probably is close to unwinnable. :(

So dont play it if winning is your prime motivation for playing. But again: All comments from those who´ve tried it would be appreciated.

Thanks guys :)

Just a quick note to say that I´ve updated the map a bit:

I corrected a few oversights in the map and changed some diagonal roads that turned out to be too narrow for vehicles to navigate.

The new map file has been uploaded to GreenasJade´s site http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4960/details and should be in the repository soon.

I´m also working on a scenario for the map - so if any of you would like to help out by testing it, please send me a PM.

Mojn

Would you mind if i released the Divided parts of the city as QB maps once ive done it?

Not at all: Make smaller maps, QB´s, scenarios or whatever (campaigns? :)) from it.

All I ask is that you credit me with the map.

This is one of the best maps ever, thanks for all the work you have done,

Thanks a lot, Lille Fiskerby (Thyborøn, Gilleleje eller ...?)

Not at all: Make smaller maps, QB´s, scenarios or whatever (campaigns? :)) from it.

All I ask is that you credit me with the map.

Great!

I might have to make a few small changes to the smaller maps (i noticed some AI tanks getting stuck in some enviroments at setup.) but overall they will just be smaller parts of the same map.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, silly question...can I use this map for QB? If so, what am I missing? I tried to drop it in the QB Maps folder but it doesn't show up in my selection menu? Is there a particular way I need to change the file name...add QB to it or something? I would love to play a QB on it.

Is there a thread that describes how to use member created maps in QBs?

thx

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Grunt.

As this map has no AI plans, I dont think you can use it for QBs.

But I have also made two scenarios for the same map, though. So you could try playing those:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=114131

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=112831

You could also perhaps use "Tiger by the Tail" for a allied defense QB. It has five axis attack AI plans - but perhaps you´ll have to enlarge the setup zone a bit if you´re going to play a larger scenario.

One other thing that might be a problem is that it is an axis exit scenario. There are no terrain objectives, so you might have to add those too, before playing a QB.

"Seizing Ciembienne's" AI plans probably won´t work very well in a QB. They are very specific to the force in the scenario.

Cheers

In addition to umlaut's scenarios for it, you can easily slap a quick AI plan on it and have SP fun with it. One of my current game saves is just such a battle. The enemy infantry is getting super-slaughtered (it doesn't use buildings much). However, I've had multiple "movie moments" where Tigers and Panthers have emerged from the smoke and shadows, heading straight for my baby blues.