Background or Your Music?

I began wondering after my last iTunes Rockin Playlist and move set up in CMBN … How many CM players listen to your own music selections while setting up moves?

I often listen to my personal playlists mostly during the work done time to kick back and relax part of the day. Once the move is underway my music stops so I can hear the game acoustics and cues. I do not use the game music via Mord's No Music Mod ...nor the game background sounds via Silent Background Mod.

Curious how many alter your acoustic environment while enjoying CM.

Rock on.:D

Mords no music was the first mod I installed after CMSF I knew it was invaluable..I certainly don't play music whilst playing as the sound effects are to important for me esp needed when moving to contact across the map..once you hear those guns open up you know someone has contact.

No music for me whilst playing either. Sound cues are important to play the game. Occasionally I do play the game music and alternative game music offered as mods but most of the time I am playing my own playlists in set up phase.

I always alter background images in the main menu, the loading screen and and savegame/scenario selection menu along with the games music files depending on the campaign/side i am playing. So i am pretty much creating a small mod for myself, like the one i uploaded to the repository:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2593

Currently i am playing the british CMSF campaign and i selected this to be my main theme (main menu music):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH3JEuQPpKs

I love that march, i whistle it all the time! It is so catchy :D! I even know the lyrics by now.

As loading screen music i chose a better version of this one:

As after-battle music i am using a chorus version of the "March Of The British Greandiers", but i am really not satisfyied with it and i am currently looking for better choice. As soon as i find a music that fits better, i am going to upload a British Forces CMSF theme to the Repository.

Mords no music was the first mod I installed after CMSF I knew it was invaluable..I certainly don't play music whilst playing as the sound effects are to important for me esp needed when moving to contact across the map..once you hear those guns open up you know someone has contact.

+1. No music for me

Does anyone else kill the game background sounds via Silent Background Mod?

I find it helps me pick up the acoustic game cues better when I don't have the background sounds looping in the background.

I always alter background images in the main menu, the loading screen and and savegame/scenario selection menu along with the games music files depending on the campaign/side i am playing. So i am pretty much creating a small mod for myself, like the one i uploaded to the repository:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2593

Currently i am playing the british CMSF campaign and i selected this to be my main theme (main menu music):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH3JEuQPpKs

I love that march, i whistle it all the time! It is so catchy :D! I even know the lyrics by now.

As loading screen music i chose a better version of this one:

As after-battle music i am using a chorus version of the "March Of The British Greandiers", but i am really not satisfyied with it and i am currently looking for better choice. As soon as i find a music that fits better, i am going to upload a British Forces CMSF theme to the Repository.

Catchy indeed. Would love to have that as background music. Great drums. Makes you want to start a war or something...;-)

Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax work well in RT - CMSF :D

Aggressive music with lots of masculinity and machismo may influence command decisions ;)

I sometimes put on Bach for Set Up of larger WEGO games as it adds a thoughtful organized calmness to my orders.. at least till I hit GO :)

Masculinity and machismo, however, should be a commander's defining traits.

Putting a person who is defined by such traits in a leadership position is how to get soldiers killed unecessarily. A sharp mind, the capability to keep calm even under the most stressful circumstances, charisma and knowledge of military tactics should be a sucsessful commanders traits.

I listened to Metallica in the "Kesselacht!" Mission, where you have to escape the pocket. It was quite entertaining. Made me feel fierce, which in turn led to the destruction of my force.

Lol! Happened to me once too, with 'woad to ruin' by Hans Zimmer (from the movie King Arthur). Lost all my six tanks before the score was finished.

Would love to have that as background music. Great drums. Makes you want to start a war or something...;-)

If you upload the Brit marches I promise to use them as well for the CM WW2 Brits.

The Brit marches are uploaded at the Repository. I hope you like them. The music should work with all CMx2 titles.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2715