We want more Gustav Line screenshots and videos!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so whats the big deal about butt plates i would personally rather have a server browser... Most of my friends wont buy the game even though they like it simply since the online is a pain..

The big deal? They're missing from the texture, that's what.

:rolleyes:

Oh, and thank you for failing the logic test of game design: creating / modifying texture work has absolutely nothing to do with server browsers.

so whats the big deal about butt plates i would personally rather have a server browser... Most of my friends wont buy the game even though they like it simply since the online is a pain..

Which somewhat simplifies the issue doesnt it ? A server browser is fine - but there would have to be servers correct ? Hosted and run by battlefront ?

The big deal? They're missing from the texture, that's what.

:rolleyes:

Oh, and thank you for failing the logic test of game design: creating / modifying texture work has absolutely nothing to do with server browsers.

Absolutely right. But impressive response from battlefront though.:)

I suspect they might be sorting ot the summer background to the winter maps. Really, I am not that bothered - I just want to invade Italy. You can patch it later!

I kind'a suspect someone put snow on the ground in July. :D

I think MikeyD gave us a hint.....( nothing wrong with background )

But John I WANT t confront the Mountains and Valleys of "Sunny Italy" that are waiting to greet me (in the words of a Gernan propaganda leaflet of the time. And you know very well I mean MAINLAND Italy. Not the litttle football of the coast! :D

Besides I am sick of fighting Italans and want to get stuck into more proper Huns :D

:ike this :-)

As a fan of soft vehicles in the game (I don't know why) I'm glad to see the Morris utility truck. It gives me hope of seeing a beep in a Battlepack some day. I doubt we'll ever see a seep or Schwimwagen though, as amphibious capability would be a lot of coding for two obscure vehicles.

As a fan of soft vehicles in the game (I don't know why) I'm glad to see the Morris utility truck. It gives me hope of seeing a beep in a Battlepack some day. I doubt we'll ever see a seep or Schwimwagen though, as amphibious capability would be a lot of coding for two obscure vehicles.

DUkw, DD Tanks, LVT, Buffalo ....

Terrapins too, but we won't get them for the same reasons we won't get amphibious landings. The question I'd put are there any other likely softskin vehicles that might make a Battlepack (besides horses and motorcycles)?

Sequoia,

Confound you, sir, for beating me to the Terrapin! Drat! thought I had a surefire obscure softskin winner there. I have a really good book, Marching to the Sound of Gunfire, which covers that fight and has a photo of a Terrapin. Also, I remember as a kid when I saw the Airfix 25 pr. kit and thought the Morris Quad was an AFV. Am a bit confused by the other items ending in "eep." I thought a peep was an amphibious jeep? From what I can tell (build your own Struck mini Beep) a beep is apparently also amphibious. Wiki has no disambiguation on this noun. If the first two are right, then your seep is my peep? In any event, the below made me laugh and groan at the same time. From a great seep writeup. Oh, and we need these for CM: Drive on Berlin. Why? They were the lead element in assault crossing the Oder. They carried bazooka toting recon teams!

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1942-1944-jeep5.htm

(Fair Use)

"Somehow, while this was going on there was no jeep available for use in the experiments. All the engineers had to work from was a table of specifications, and those specs understated the jeep's weight by about 30 percent. This factor had a serious negative effect upon the performance of the end product."

(Fair Use)

Now, what could possibly go wrong?!

JRMC1879,

With you on those! Theoretically, we could sell them to BFC based on a Scheldt River module. Would make certain people people here (looks around for LongLeftFlank et al.), including me, very happy.

LUCASWILLEN05,

Admit it. This is but a poorly disguised attempt to seize the bella signorinas, eat the mortadella, with the bread, prosciutto di Parma, the Parmesan, drink the Chianti and live la dolce vita! For the record, southern Italy has the same sunshine as northern Italy. HQ likes your dolce vita concept so has to decided to investigate it fully and at length. You, though, are being sent to a Cassino named for Monte. Why can't these people spell things better?

Regards,

John Kettler