A question on CMFI mods

After playing and modding the crap out of my CMBN (D/L of mods that is) game I am now trying out CMFI and of course are looking to mod that also. Looking at the D/L center though I do not see a plethora of mods like CMBN. I was wondering are there any terrain mods out there like Aris does for CMBN? I do see his tree and leaf mod wich I grabbed and his German uniform mod. I do not see any American uniform mods unless I am mising something under the repository for CMFI. Can mods be used from CMBN in CMFI, Like EZ uniform mods? can Aris terrain mods be used in CMFI?

Thanks

Check out Green as Jade's mod hosting site - it is a bit easier to find things.

Easier ? You mean it's possible at all !

I find the Repository almost impossible to navigate and searching for things is difficult as hell - and when there's lots of things, for some reason you get one page of results from your search and that's it.

Unless there's an arcane trick to using the Search function - I'd be glad to know what it is.

Easier ? You mean it's possible at all !

I find the Repository almost impossible to navigate and searching for things is difficult as hell - and when there's lots of things, for some reason you get one page of results from your search and that's it.

Unless there's an arcane trick to using the Search function - I'd be glad to know what it is.

+1

I use a lot of various mod sites for the games I play. Repository could really use some work in so far as navigation when browsing mods IMO.

Prefer and use GaJ's site far more often.

Thanks GaJ by the way =)

-F

+1

I use a lot of various mod sites for the games I play. Repository could really use some work in so far as navigation when browsing mods IMO.

Prefer and use GaJ's site far more often.

Thanks GaJ by the way =)

-F

Still wondering if you can use CMBN mods in CMFI? Also do you have a link to Gajs site?

Still wondering if you can use CMBN mods in CMFI? <snipped>

Some, it depends, which is a bit maddening.

1) CMBN (European Theater Operations - ETO) uniform mods are not compatible with CMFI (Mediterranean Theater Operations - MTO) uniforms.

2) Sound, Smoke, Explosion, and Tracer mods seem compatible as best as I can tell

3) It appears that some terrain mods work both ways but not theater unique terrain.

4) Vehicle mods work both ways if and when that specific vehicle appears in each theater.

If there's something more specific you want to use, try it and see. You do no harm when an unnecessary/unused file is placed in the Data / Z directory although load times may take longer. The result in such cases is that the mod is ignored and does not take or appear in your game. Good luck and let us know what you discover.

CM has been in the middle of a big naming convention change, on uniforms especially, in order to expand modding possibilities. Also for terrain and vehicles. Pretty soon there's going to be vastly increased modding capabilities. I assme since Steve has announced that this is coming modders might be hesitant to jump on 'first generation' mods before Gustav line shows up. Want to mod a vehicle just for mainland italy, late spring, muddy conditions? You'll be able to. :)

CM has been in the middle of a big naming convention change, on uniforms especially, in order to expand modding possibilities. Also for terrain and vehicles. Pretty soon there's going to be vastly increased modding capabilities. I assme since Steve has announced that this is coming modders might be hesitant to jump on 'first generation' mods before Gustav line shows up. Want to mod a vehicle just for mainland italy, late spring, muddy conditions? You'll be able to. :)

I am ready to fire up my Pavoni Pony and arrive in the Italian mainland filled with vastly increased modding! When do we storm the beaches :) ?

Some, it depends, which is a bit maddening.

Good luck and let us know what you discover.

Okay here is what I have found to work...so far.

1.Juju's Tweaked UI 2.0

2 Mords Voices and his war ravaged American faces, I believe the German faces work also but I am trying out Aris German faces this time around.

3 Ramblers wpns mod that tweaks the wpns to look better. Thank goodness for that the CMFI American wpns looked really bland.

4 Mikes veh of war sound Mod.

5. Back ground day Combat in the distance sounds cannot remeber who created that Mod all I have is the sound file.

These are all the things I have found to work I will do more checking as I progress.

Is it just a naming thing or did the data change also

Is it just a naming thing or did the data change also

Badger hooked me up on the uniforms. Its just a renaming convention for the those at least in CMBN. For CMFI I believe it is data because the CMBN uni do not work in CMFI even though they are named the same way. There is a 2.0 update for patched DIV uniforms in CMBN either at GAJ's site and also in the Rep.

I am currently trying to update my batch of CW uniform mods but I cannot figure out what the convention should be, it is not the same convention for CMBN that's for sure. I f somebody knows how they should be renamed for 2.0 I would be grateful. Thanks!

I also if at all posssible, would like to know the naming convention for veh's yeah that may be stretching it.

Unfortunately I'm not the 'uniform guy' and have kind'a lost track of uniform naming and tags, myself. I assume the arrival of Gustav Line will bring answers with it. Gustav naming conventions like "smod_british_m37-tropical_uniform [canadian]", "smod_british_shorts-tropical_uniform [newzealand]" and "smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier-nco_uniform" obviously wouldn't be found in Normandy.

is there any chance that BF can provide us a list of the new naming conventions for all the mods made for previous versions?

I have literally hundreds of mods (for each CM2 game) and it would be very helpful to know which are completely useless now and can be deleted, and which work ok and which need to be renamed in order to work.

Just knowing which will never work and can be deleted or moved to an UNUSED MOD folder would be a great help.

is there any chance that BF can provide us a list of the new naming conventions for all the mods made for previous versions?

I have literally hundreds of mods (for each CM2 game) and it would be very helpful to know which are completely useless now and can be deleted, and which work ok and which need to be renamed in order to work.

Just knowing which will never work and can be deleted or moved to an UNUSED MOD folder would be a great help.

That's a very good question I think this question needs it own thread so that more people can be exposed to seeing it...ahem..Battle front devs or who ever is in the know about this stuff. There are lots of Mods out there that probably just need to be renamed and they will work again. We just need to know the new conventions. Heck I am no modder but I will give my try at renaming and re-posting files.