Cleared Minefield not cleared ?

Is it really mine free or just tagged so units have a higher chance of getting through w/o incurring loss/damage? I would expect actually clearing a minefield would take longer than most CM battles last.

Yellow minefields are marked, so units have a higher chance of passing through without detonating a mine. A green sign means that all mines of certain a minefield are detonated.

This is from "school of hard knocks" in Courage and Fortitude campaign.For me is one of the most challenging and I love it.I cleared the mine at the beginning of the bridge by chance,when my engineers blew up the barricade but my tank got stuck by another AT mine after the crossing about 10 meters ahead or so.My ingeneers failed to detect it for any reason.

"Soldiers can spot anti-tank mines (in addition to anti-personnel mines)."

Seems soldiers are able to spot both type of mines starting with the 1.01 patch.

Though it seems to me that the only way I've ever found them is when they blow up something.:)

I'll have to reload those saved games where I had trouble marking the mines and see if any of those showed up before blowing up.

IIRC no one can detect mines until someone or something gets blown up (or is that AT mines specifically)?

The manual mentions engineers having an "increased chance" of spotting mines, so (assuming it has any relation to reality in this context) that would suggest that other infantry units have at least a (possibly vanishingly) small chance of spotting mines before stepping on them. I've never seen it happen though, and the chances of you "accidentally" stopping a team right next to a mine square and leaving it there long enough for that small chance to trigger seem slight. My woolly recollection does, however, insist that I've seen engineers spot minefields: last mission of Courage and Fortitude, I think, there are minefields noted on the map, so I sent engineers to see if they could clear a path, and they, IIRC, did manage to without doing the "cover your ears and stamp" method of mine detection.

This mine is one of the mixed type, both anti-personnel and anti-tank. Marked mines only give infantry a better chance of passing through without hitting a mine, at slower movement rates. Marked mines does not give vehicles any advantage at all. From what I've been able to fine the green sign means all mines have been exploded. This must mean only the anti-personnel mines, since your tank hit one of the anti-tank mines.

Whether this "green" sign is a bug that crept in when the mixed mines were added or not only the devs know.

All the red signs for all three types of mines read the same, so there is no way of knowing what type of mines you are dealing with. So you would have to assume that any red, yellow or green sign is still a high chance for vehicles to cross. I don't know it this is the way it should be or not.

It seems like in the CMx1 serious that the signs for the mines actually stated whether they were personnel or tank, but it's been a long time since I've had one of those games running.:)