Small Wish list

I'm very excited about the flaks added to CMFI, and am hoping we will see them in the next expansion (or sooner as a add-on pack) for CMBN.

I know a lot of people are looking forward to flamethrowers, and I am another who would love to see motorcycles added as well. I would love to see utility trailers added for jeeps/vehicles as an option, and have them carry extra ammo and such.

There are some flavor objects also that I'd like to see that I don't recall being mentioned. Any chance we could have camouflage nets, tents (pup tents, command, & medical tents), and canvas flys? There seem to be a lot of sundries that are missing for a camp/headquarters setup that could be interesting for a scenario or campaign. I don't think static items like these would use up too many resources to create or use.

Livestock for farms could be fun, but I can clearly see that the code for animating and AI actions/reactions would take too much in resources that can be used elsewhere. But maybe a dead cow here and there... :)

Anyone else have any thoughts about small items like these?

A "small" change that I've love to see:

A "fog of war" option that disallows the player from being able to know OOB information of the opposing side.

I really don't want to know that the tank I just blasted was the HQ of A Squadron. Nor do I want to be informed that the Sherman in front of me is "Cruiser Tank 3" or that the infantry holding up my advance is "Squad 2." Being told about the infantry is a certain type also defeats the purpose of "fog of war" such as being able to ID ammo teams or HQs.

I know many people have complained about the above and apparently it appears that changing it would not be a "small" or "easy" thing to do otherwise BF probably would have changed it by now. Anyway, I just wanted to join the chorus on this issue as a way of hopefully moving it up in terms of priority on the large "wishlist" that BF compiles from its customers' suggestions and complaints.

Livestock for farms could be fun, but I can clearly see that the code for animating and AI actions/reactions would take too much in resources that can be used elsewhere. But maybe a dead cow here and there... :)

Anyone else have any thoughts about small items like these?

DEAD cows?!? No, baby, I want LIVE cows.

I want cows that are black, I want cows that are brown! I want spotted cows, I want cows whose colors make you frown!

I want cows with horns, I want cows with a smooth crown! I want cows with great big Texas sixed LONGhorns, I want cows who dig up the ground!

I want cows with swinging udders, I want cows that stream out milk! I want cows that lift their tails, I want cows with eyes like silk!

I want cows that moo, I want cows that don't say boo! I want cows that low, I want cows, just because I say so!

I want cows in herds, I want cows to stampede! I want cow rustlers, who pay you no heed!

I want cows mounted by bulls, I want cows who leave the herd! I want cows which run from guns, I want cows all a'furred!

:)

Finally, I want cows which run from flares! I want flaming cows stampeding up the stairs! I want cows which raise your hairs, I want cows with defended lairs!

Wait...there's more:

I want cows which stand and stare, I want cows without a care. I want cows which chew their cud, and then roll in the mud!

I want cows which glower and snort, I want cows of just that sort!

I want cows to charge and gore, I want cows made for war!

;)

Yeah baby, I want cows.

Ken

A "small" change that I've love to see:

A "fog of war" option that disallows the player from being able to know OOB information of the opposing side.

I really don't want to know that the tank I just blasted was the HQ of A Squadron. Nor do I want to be informed that the Sherman in front of me is "Cruiser Tank 3" or that the infantry holding up my advance is "Squad 2." Being told about the infantry is a certain type also defeats the purpose of "fog of war" such as being able to ID ammo teams or HQs.

I know many people have complained about the above and apparently it appears that changing it would not be a "small" or "easy" thing to do otherwise BF probably would have changed it by now. Anyway, I just wanted to join the chorus on this issue as a way of hopefully moving it up in terms of priority on the large "wishlist" that BF compiles from its customers' suggestions and complaints.

+1000, then another 1000, just to get the character count up so I can post that I agree with Myles. :)

LOL! I don't know which is funnier, that the game is up to its third edition, or that you knew of it!

When you've been playing games as long as I have, you see lots of silly games. Battle Cattle stuck in the memory, as the whole concept and alcohol-fuelled extrapolations had me and my friends in tears of laughter shortly after we'd first encountered it, and I have no recollection of the context in which we saw the game; it was probably in a games shop, and we probably broke our comedy girdles about it over a boardgame later in the day. It's even vaguely possible that one of my fellow gigglers bought the thing...

Heavily beweaponed Paracattle (if they were all male, would they be para-bulls?) descending on the Champs Elysees to liberate Paris is the image that remains burned on my unfortunate psyche. I think it might have been during the time of the BSE debacle when the French had banned all British Beef (even the sanest kind) from their "pristine" shores... so "slightly psychotic" (as opposed to properly mad) cows coming to the rescue of the conquered Gauls was amusing on more than one level.