I See a Big Potential Problem with Gustav Module

I worried about the same issue. My solution is to focus on the really good CMSF and CMA games which are "final/mature" and now have some excellent scenarios and campaigns. I'll get back to WW2 when there are enough modules and patches so the CMBN and CMFI games are closer to their final patched versions.

The gameplay/content is changing with each module/patch sufficiently that it would affect the scenarios and campaigns already played, and I don't enjoy replaying scenarios/campaigns just to get the "full-function" effect.

The gameplay/content is changing with each module/patch sufficiently that it would affect the scenarios and campaigns already played, and I don't enjoy replaying scenarios/campaigns just to get the "full-function" effect.

Same here. I'm too busy right now to play much anyway, so I just stick to QBs so that I can save the scenarios and campaigns for when the game is more fully featured. The recent changes to MGs and suppression sound like they really change the experience, for example.

Believe me, we are conscious of the fact that there's only so much stuff you guys can absorb within a given space of time. The good news for you is that if you don't have time/money to buy something today, it will be waiting for you when you do. Right now we've got a lot of stuff announced, however it still takes us time to put them out.

The gap between Normandy Upgrade 2.0 and Gustav Line, for example, is probably going to be about 4 months. And those are for two separate Families. If you look at the gap of time between Fortress Italy's first release and Gustav Line it's about 7 months. Which means for someone only interested in Italy there's a pretty good sized gap between the two. Likewise, Normandy customers will probably have around 5-6 months between when Upgrade 2.0 and Market Garden come out.

The gamers that are hit the hardest are ones like me. I love all this stuff and so, yeah, there's going to be quite a pile of things to choose from! Which is never a bad thing IMHO :D

Steve

Same here. I'm too busy right now to play much anyway, so I just stick to QBs so that I can save the scenarios and campaigns for when the game is more fully featured. The recent changes to MGs and suppression sound like they really change the experience, for example.

I put off playing CMBN/CW until the 2.0 upgrade was released. But some of the bugs in 2.0 were terribly annoying, so I put off CMBN/CW some more until 2.01 fixed those bugs. But it also changed some aspects of the game in a way that I at least am very happy with (MGs feel so right now). Now I am playing the hell out of CMBN/CW. Most of the battles and campaigns remained unplayed by me. It was a long wait, but in retrospect I think it was worth it.

we are conscious of the fact that there's only so much stuff you guys can absorb within a given space of time.

One thing I've been noticing are the number of posters who have held back then purchased 2-3 items at a time. Held back on CMBN but snapped-up CMBN/commonwealth. Have held back on CMFI but will snap up CMFI/Gustav Line. Its as though the title reaches a critical mass like a fission reaction then you can't NOT purchase it! :D

One thing I've been noticing are the number of posters who have held back then purchased 2-3 items at a time. Held back on CMBN but snapped-up CMBN/commonwealth. Have held back on CMFI but will snap up CMFI/Gustav Line. Its as though the title reaches a critical mass like a fission reaction then you can't NOT purchase it! :D

Also there is a small (but for some buyers perhaps critical) amount of money to be saved by buying a bundle. Also, you get a more mature game that way.

Michael

I'm already having fun. If BF puts out this new module in the series my fun factor may go overboard and my heart might not take it. ;) Anyone esle got this problem? :)

No problems with my heart, but this means that time available for sleeping is going to drop to dangerous lows for a few months...

Jyri

"It sounds like you guys have been eating too much saturated fats. Your arteries have become clogged. You'll just have to pace yourselves and only experience the thrills a little at a time. Fellows your age need to take it easy."

Michael

----------

Believe me, we are conscious of the fact that there's only so much stuff you guys can absorb within a given space of time. The good news for you is that if you don't have time/money to buy something today, it will be waiting for you when you do. Right now we've got a lot of stuff announced, however it still takes us time to put them out.

The gap between Normandy Upgrade 2.0 and Gustav Line, for example, is probably going to be about 4 months. And those are for two separate Families. If you look at the gap of time between Fortress Italy's first release and Gustav Line it's about 7 months. Which means for someone only interested in Italy there's a pretty good sized gap between the two. Likewise, Normandy customers will probably have around 5-6 months between when Upgrade 2.0 and Market Garden come out.

The gamers that are hit the hardest are ones like me. I love all this stuff and so, yeah, there's going to be quite a pile of things to choose from! Which is never a bad thing IMHO

Steve

---------

One thing I've been noticing are the number of posters who have held back then purchased 2-3 items at a time. Held back on CMBN but snapped-up CMBN/commonwealth. Have held back on CMFI but will snap up CMFI/Gustav Line. Its as though the title reaches a critical mass like a fission reaction then you can't NOT purchase it!

Mikey D

====================

The comments above are from those who know.

My humble notes / opinions would include:

1 Saturated fats fortify one for a full day & night of wargaming (along with liberal lubricants of liquid emulsifiers) & regular exercise.

Stabilize Yourself! Get a Grip soldier! :)

2 Having wargaming resources a click away (digital down load) "is a good thing" for you, me and BFC. If you want to eat a good meal you have to assure the farmer grows the crops. Relative to what we most all spend on … phones, cable, entertainment, etc. BFC gaming costs are minor.

3 If you "love all this stuff.." you don't have to "choose". Exercise your virility and buy all you want. You WILL find time to play with your stuff. If you do not find time to play with your stuff… move it along to light the fire on some wanna be war game guy or gal who just has not seen the Light of the Bren Stuns yet….. ;)

4 "…the number of posters who have held back then purchased 2-3 items at a time…Its as though the title reaches a critical mass like a fission reaction then you can't NOT purchase it! "

You KNOW you are gonna get it all so why not get it all and ENJOY it all?:)

5 We could get DRONEs in SF2!:D