Spill the beans.. Who prefers this to Normandy and why?

So far, and in agreement with LongLeftFlank above, I prefer CM:FI purely because of the extras in the refreshed engine. I really enjoy making maps so the overlay feature and snappable roads, walls and hedges is a huge bonus because it speeds the process up and increases the capacity of the game to render real-life landscapes. It's also nice to have a cover armour option back.

I actually always prefered the italian theatre, or any other theatre other than Normandy to be honest. Every other video game, movie, tv-series, documentary, etc etc has taken us to Normandy a million times already.

PS: That said, I'm really looking forward to playing Normandy with the 2.0 features :D

Unfair until the engine upgrade to CMBN. But, recognizing that, CMFI.

There are many reasons, some gameplay polish, some opene spaces, some just the force rations in '43. For example, I enjoy the challenge of a Stuart attacking my infantry. No 'fausts or 'schrecks make it a VERY good tank against infantry. In CMBN, it has to keep a distance.

Sometimes I do miss the structure of the bocage. It made fighting a matter of geometry at its basic. There is no better feeling than catching an enemy platoon with it's back to a hedgerow! I can't wait for CMBN v2!!

Sicily is definitely a reconnaissance war. Locate and eliminate hardened targets such as ATG's, bunkers and entrenched troops with direct artillery and mortar fire in lieu of an infantry/armor advance. It's hard to say which one I like better. I'm overall happy with both theaters and their distinct challenges. I just want to see engine improvements.