WOW its smoother than BN

I am having a problem with shifting the viewpoint of the camera. It will glide smoothly for a second or two, then hesitate for a second or two, then proceed for another second or two, then hesitate. The cycle will repeat until I cease trying to move the camera or run out of map. Haven't tried this in all viewing levels or on more than a few maps, but so far it seems to occur with all of them.

Michael

I am having a problem with shifting the viewpoint of the camera. It will glide smoothly for a second or two, then hesitate for a second or two, then proceed for another second or two, then hesitate. The cycle will repeat until I cease trying to move the camera or run out of map. Haven't tried this in all viewing levels or on more than a few maps, but so far it seems to occur with all of them.

Michael

You also might want to try changing the "High Priority Process" setting under CMFI's options.

You also might want to try changing the "High Priority Process" setting under CMFI's options.

Currently that is set to On.

I tried the settings as advised in the ReadMe. After the problem appeared, I tried lowering 3D texture quality from best to better. That seemed to cause a minor improvement in the problem but didn't make it go away. When I have some more time, I will try playing with other controls. If anybody knows of any specific cure that will save me some time experimenting, I'd be glad to hear of it.

Michael

It will glide smoothly for a second or two, then hesitate for a second or two, then proceed for another second or two, then hesitate.

I had a similar proble, it turned out to be my worn out old mouse causing the problem. Not just my mouse, my worn out mousepad! The little red mouse light refused to track properly across the embedded food particles. ;)

Is this on your Mac, Michael?

My previous (pre-CMFI) mac I managed to kill off two keyboard and four mice (mouses?) over time. At one point I actually had two keyboards hooked up in tandem because one had still-functioning extended F keys while the other had still-functioning numberpad keys. :D

I had a similar proble, it turned out to be my worn out old mouse causing the problem. Not just my mouse, my worn out mousepad! The little red mouse light refused to track properly across the embedded food particles. ;)

Rereading this I get the impression, Mikey, that you think I am talking about moving the cursor. That is not the case, the cursor moves just fine and smoothly. It's moving the camera across the map that is giving me problems. Even if I put the camera in the middle of the map and spin it using the left or right arrow keys, that hesitation still manifests itself.

I've tried playing with the settings in the Options panel, even change the screen resolution, and nothing seems to make the slightest difference.

Michael

Rereading this I get the impression, Mikey, that you think I am talking about moving the cursor. That is not the case, the cursor moves just fine and smoothly. It's moving the camera across the map that is giving me problems. Even if I put the camera in the middle of the map and spin it using the left or right arrow keys, that hesitation still manifests itself.

I've tried playing with the settings in the Options panel, even change the screen resolution, and nothing seems to make the slightest difference.

Michael

Can you send me your specs please, Michael? I'll see if there are any common threads with other issues out there.