WOW its smoother than BN

Further updates: I tried quitting some more apps to free up additional RAM (although I already had a bit more than 1.5 GB already) and haven't experienced the stutter movement problem again as yet. However, a whole bunch of other screwy things began occurring including messing up my screen resolution in a really odd way. That seemed to go away after I restarted my computer. As a result, I will hold off a detailed description until I have worked out whether the problems are somehow game related or just something my Mac has decided to do that I can fix myself. For one thing, I have ordered extra RAM so that I don't have to quit open apps every time I want to play the game and then re-open them. Doing that four or five times a day gets tedious.

Michael

Me, I've got an Nvidia card myself and also followed Wolfseven's setup guildelines. A big improvement, but after a brief run I went into game options and turned off "Antialias/multisample". That small sacrifice got me an extra 5 fps under normal condition and an extra 15 fps when the game is under heavy load. And by 'heavy load' I mean a difference between 15 and 30 fps.

After more experimentation, the hesitation problem returned when I had troops on the map. Apparently rendering them was overtaxing my card. So, I tried reducing the 3D settings and enjoyed some success. Map movement does slow down some when a portion of the map swings into view with troops (no vehicles yet) on it, but not so drastically. The best part is that there is no accompanying drastic degradation of the appearance of the game. Apparently my poor little 4670 is already chugging along at its max at the lower settings (Fast in both cases).

I fervently wish that Apple would wise up and design the iMac so that the graphics card could be upgraded.

Michael