CMFI incompatable with Head to Head Helper 1.6.0

Apparently the coming Windows 8 is the veritable 'monster in the closet' waiting to jump out and frighten bad little boys who haven't picked up their rooms and put their toys away properly. The annoyance of the new filing convention now is meant to forestall monsterous Windows-related headaches in the future.

So, I can put it back in the CMFI folder or no?

Stupid Microsoft...they are like government, they break things that work. They should've stuck with XP! For every three OSes they make, only one is worth a crap.

Mord.

Yup, that's one way of putting it. Both Windows and MacOS are getting pretty strict on where things can be installed and run from. I hate to say it, but I'm guessing it's going to get more restrictive with each release. Hackers and viruses are just too much of a threat to ignore. Even Apple can't rest on it's superior security laurels. Damned hackers and virus makers are taking it as a challenge.

Steve

As has been asked, is it still possible to designate an alternative drive/folder to place these files in? I prefer to put data files on a separate partition to make backing up easier and to save space on my system disk.

Not only this, but when patches come out, one often keeps an older version in order to complete PBEM's in progress ( this sort of thing happened with 1.01 / 1.10 ).

Will this now be impossible ?

Anyone?

GaJ

The CMFI program files are installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy by default. Game files (i.e., Incoming/Outgoing folders) are installed in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files.

Someone on the Few Good Men said that H2HH will work as-is by pointing the H2HH to the CMFI Game Files folder. I haven't tried it yet.

Bob

Oh Damn. This is going to mean that H2HH is going to need to know two folder now instead of one, in order for the right click start game menu item to work

:(

The upside is that if it's really true that the Game File folder can't be anywhere other than this path, then at least I don't have to ask you where it is :)

GaJ