The next Combat Mission?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Flame stuff]

I'm not giving up on that until the last module comes out...NOW, I am being VERY optimistic!

I think optimistic is a gross understatement. I could easily see fire being a "gameplay change", and they only happen in between families...

Not that I can tell. I don't know what vehicles off map stuff would represent. All off map stuff seems to be heavy artillery, some heavy mortars and rockets.

Most SP Arty in Normandy was batteried up firing indirect at spotted targets; it was rare for it to appear in actual LOS of enemy units unless it was being overrun. BFC have intimated that we're "lucky" they included things like the Priest and Wespe in our on-mappable assets cos the times they got involved in direct combat were so rare. So many of your offmap arty assets could actually be those SPG units.

Please stay in WWII forever and ever CM!!

CMx3, Guadalcanal, plus iwojima, saipan, phillipines module (Q3 2012 is reasonable)

CMx4, Battle for Moscow, plus stalingrad, kursk, warsaw, berlin modules (Q4 2012, stretching it...but fine)

That's actually laughable. Two new game engines before the end of the year? It took them, what, five years to gear up CMx2? Man, you've got to ease up on the paint thinner.

:rolleyes:

Michael

I think it's OMG next,then a new game with Bulge and modules,then new game Eastern Front and modules.Possibly a CMSF 2 set in Europe somewhere.So i've read on here lately.A few of the Senior guys will in the know on that one.

Every time I think of it as CM:OMG, it makes me chuckle.

Yes, CM:OMG is certainly chuckle worthy! I can't wait to play it, don't get me wrong, but it's funny.

I know I might get a little warm for saying this, but I enjoy playing CMSF more then CMBN at the moment at least. There is just so much more stuff flying around, and everything is armed with auto-cannons and/or ATGMs.

I would love to see a CM: Fulda Gap or something like that. It's never going to happen, I know, but one can dream a 3rd party will pick up the torch and carry on like Snowball did for CM:Afghanistan.

I would love to see a CM: Fulda Gap or something like that. It's never going to happen, I know...

I don't know so much. A modern temperate-setting setup could easily be late-C20th "what if the Soviets came over the Curtain". Wargame: European Escalation have done it, and that doesn't look too shabby. Any setting where the armour penetration engine/algorithms are irrelevant (pre-WW1, or the Pacific, or Vietnam) is less likely I reckon.

Any setting where the armour penetration engine/algorithms are irrelevant (pre-WW1, or the Pacific, or Vietnam) is less likely I reckon.

Can we mod the pacific. ie, small arms firing rates, damage, etc., on CMBN? since, we could probably keep sherman models and just mod the skins. and armor was much less prevalent.

Who has the power to directly impact the hard coding of future modules?

ie, who do I beg and plead with?;)

I think the only people who're ever here who have that power are Steve and Phil Culliton. But Steve is iron and knows pretty much the shape of the game's development for the next 5-10 years, and Phil won't be kicking over his traces as "First second programmer". Begging and pleading is just a simple waste of keystrokes and pixels.

I'm very much looking forward to OMG, just hope they have a campaign for the 1st Para brigade (surely they will?)

Out of interest, will the first AB carry less stens? Dont get me wrong, I love an smg as much as the next man, but the current paras seem to carry two stens to every lee en' and hose off all their 9mm in no time at all, and of course the vehicles carry hardly any.

Anyone know how a standard para platoon was armed during OMG?

Im guessing one bren, 3 stens, 6 lee en's or summat per squad would make sense

I too agree that CM should really stick with ww2. The only alternative I can see would be a ww3 one, set in europe in the late 40's/early50's which could be great fun.

Any actual wars that followed ww2 wouldn't really cut it....

Imagine korea 2 player

The chinese player gets infantry machine guns and mortars. Thats it.

The US player gets all that + arty, tanks and air support by the bucketload.

Not much fun for the first guy

The one thing the game cant give the US player is piss poor generals and a self obsessed lunatic as C in C