The next Combat Mission?

I've heard a lot of people say that we are probably going to Market Garden next, which would be freaking awesome! I myself have posted a thread anticipating a move to the eastern front(some delicious, high intensity, urban combat). Personally however, I think the pacific front is severely underrepresented in video games(especially RTS), the Japanese/US Marines deserve a shot and who better to give it to them than Combat Mission?

But who says it has to be another WW2 game? I hope to one day see a Combat Mission: Vietnam. Or perhaps Combat Mission should take a crack at Korea (Theatre of War 3 didn't quite seem to cut it).

But nobody said it had to be a war that the U.S. was involved in; First Indochina war, Sino-Vietnamese war, Six day war, Iran-Iraq war.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That description of that particular appendage was used in our SLR stoppage drills, "hook, cock and look - use you stinky finger!

(you clicked up a lever that kept the breech parts back as part of the process to find out why the rifle wasn't blatting out 7.62)

I think it's OMG next,then a new game with Bulge and modules,then new game Eastern Front and modules.Possibly a CMSF 2 set in Europe somewhere.So i've read on here lately.A few of the Senior guys will in the know on that one.

There's another module after Market Garden, supposed to be like an odds and ends supplement. The guys always refer to it as the Odds And Sods module.

Mord.

That description of that particular appendage was used in our SLR stoppage drills, "hook, cock and look - use you stinky finger!

(you clicked up a lever that kept the breech parts back as part of the process to find out why the rifle wasn't blatting out 7.62)

Not wishing to be picky but wasnt it cock, hook and look?

The sorority girls (whatever they are) module gets my vote!!!

Combat Mission Craft

Only real time, we will have to hunt for ore, gold and oil ressources to be able to produce units faster than our opponent. There will also be a tech tree we could research on, including end game weapons such as Philadelphia Effect and time travel options.

What do you think the final module will contain though? Won't almost everything be covered in the 3 modules?

That will be the third module, Market Garden is only the second. It's Base Game + three modules.

There's still plenty left.

From my Vehicle comparison chart thread

"...we have two modules left after this one (CW) that gives the opportunity to have 3 or 4 (depending on the White Scout Car) US vehicles & 1 AA Gun, 7 Brit vehicles & 1 AT gun, and 14 German vehicles & 6 AT guns. That's 25 Vehicles and 8 guns (per module)."

Here's the breakdown for June to September, going by what was in CMBO that has yet to make an appearance in CMBN;

CW: Churchill Croc, Churchill Avre, Challenger, Centuar IV, Wasp, Stuart Kangaroo, and Ram Kangaroo, 25pdr, 40mm Bofors AA.

US: White Scout Car, Hellcat, M7 Priest, Sherman Jumbo, 105mm M2A1 How,40mm Bofors AA, 90mm M2 AA

Germans: Panzer IV 70(v), King Tiger (Porsche Turret), Strumgeschutz IV, Hetzer, Hotchkiss, Hummel, Nashorn, Whirblewind, SdKfz2 7 Guntractor, SdKfz2 7/1 Flak, SdKfz2 7/2 Flak, PSW 234/3 AC!!!!, SPW 251/16, 50mm Mortar, 20mm Quad Flak, 75mm Howitzer, 105mm Howitzer, 75mm Recoiless, 105mm Recoiless, 88mm Pupchen, 37mm Flak.

Depending on what the MG module gives us out of the above list we could also theoretically have Free French, Partisans, Commandos, Rangers (as already mentioned), arguably

Gebirgsjäger, and more fortifications.

We already know the MG module will have Fallschirmjäger + updated Brit and US airborne TO&E, and I'd assume Polish Airborne.

Mord.

That's a mighty fine list of equipment there Mord, even if it somewhat optimistic ;)

I can't imagine flame vehicles of any type will make an appearance :(

The Germans still have 6 AT guns to show? What an earth were they? Considering we've got the 50mm, the 75mm and the 88 already in. I can't imagine there were many 37mm AT guns kicking around by Normandy but I could be very much mistaken.

I'd love to see the Croc one day. Aren't some of those German vehicles in particular already represented in game by off-map artillery assets?

Please stay in WWII forever and ever CM!!

CMx3, Guadalcanal, plus iwojima, saipan, phillipines module (Q3 2012 is reasonable)

CMx4, Battle for Moscow, plus stalingrad, kursk, warsaw, berlin modules (Q4 2012, stretching it...but fine)

I tend to agree - I think CMx is best suited to WWII but that's only because it is my favourite theatre. Shock Force was very good too, especially the Nato module.

I recall BFC stating that they have no interest whatsoever in a Pacific theatre of operation. I can't remember exactly why though.

Please stay in WWII forever and ever CM!!

CMx3, Guadalcanal, plus iwojima, saipan, phillipines module (Q3 2012 is reasonable)

CMx4, Battle for Moscow, plus stalingrad, kursk, warsaw, berlin modules (Q4 2012, stretching it...but fine)

2 new engines next year? Man you do like to dream. ;)

So you're expecting 2 major new game families to be released before the end of this year?

Yeah; nice pipe dream there. Hope you handle disappointment well.

Not even families. Bulge CMx2 would be a family. Bulge Cmx3 is a new engine and family. Man talk about ambitious. I feel so lame, I'd settle for MG this year and be quite happy. Probably why I invested in Beta VHS....

That's a mighty fine list of equipment there Mord, even if it somewhat optimistic ;)

Well, vehicle count wise it's not too optimistic 'cause they did about 50 vehicles between the Brits and Nato modules for CMSF. Not to mention all the new small arms and TO&Es...They should have all the small arms done, for Normandy, so they won't be needed.

I can't imagine flame vehicles of any type will make an appearance :(

I'm not giving up on that until the last module comes out...NOW, I am being VERY optimistic!

The Germans still have 6 AT guns to show? What an earth were they? Considering we've got the 50mm, the 75mm and the 88 already in. I can't imagine there were many 37mm AT guns kicking around by Normandy but I could be very much mistaken.

I'm just going by what was included in CMBO...so, I don't know for sure.

I'd love to see the Croc one day. Aren't some of those German vehicles in particular already represented in game by off-map artillery assets?

Not that I can tell. I don't know what vehicles off map stuff would represent. All off map stuff seems to be heavy artillery, some heavy mortars and rockets.

Mord.