CMBN Scenarios w/o Wire

Hello:

Just started a PBEM of Le Desert and the defender keeps getting crashes. He thinks it's because of wire and a problem with 1.10.

Can you list a few CMBN scenarios that do not have wire so we can give one of those a shot. Preferably small to medium size. I have already played Platoon Patrol, Cats Chasing Dogs. Vierville, Deville, Pleasantly Shaded Woodland, and Buying the Farm.

Thanks,

Gerry

It would be great if there was a set of standard CMBN&CW scenarios - modified, with wire removed - available for download.

I really don't want to know everything about the scenario before I play it, so I don't want to remove the wire myself....

It would be great if there was a set of standard CMBN&CW scenarios - modified, with wire removed - available for download.

I really don't want to know everything about the scenario before I play it, so I don't want to remove the wire myself....

It would be great if they just fixed the bug. I'm sure they will eventually.

This wire problem: does the crash only occur with saves during set-up or is it generally any time during the game.

In single-player WEGO games, I've only seen it happen when I saved a game during setup. I didn't have any issue with the same scenarios when saving after the end of the first turn. I can't comment about real-time or multi-player though.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the crash limited to saving during setup?

I've been under the impression since the early CMSF days that you shouldn't save during setup anyway, as it sometimes shifted some of AI units away from their positions (or somefink).

EDIT: someone already answered. Thanks!

In single-player WEGO games, I've only seen it happen when I saved a game during setup. I didn't have any issue with the same scenarios when saving after the end of the first turn. I can't comment about real-time or multi-player though.

it happens in PBEM, too. Playing a scenario where the wire was swapped out with hedgehogs which introduced a new problem... mainly that my original plan was a no-go because the hedgehogs completely block tanks along my axis of attack :eek: