purpose of buddy aid

I wish saving one's wounded were scored even a little - heaven knows most of the CMBN effects are so subtle it's hard to tell (eg: effectiveness of snipers, squads without C2, leader bonus effects...). So, you'd think there should be an incentive rather than grabbing weapons and ammo.

My understanding is that WIA (i.e., red base) casualties NEVER become KIA in the final after-battle tally IF they have received Buddy Aid. In contrast, any WIA that does not receive Buddy Aid by the end of the battle may become KIA (IIIRC the previously-cited 25% chance of a WIA becoming a KIA is correct).

However, as far as I know Buddy Aid has no effect on the post-battle point score -- that is, for any points awarded on the basis of casualties inflicted (or for keeping your own casualties below a certain percentage), a casualty is a casualty whether it's KIA, WIA, or MIA (i.e,. surrendered).

So it's purely for your own satisfaction of keeping your KIA count down.

I wish saving one's wounded were scored even a little - heaven knows most of the CMBN effects are so subtle it's hard to tell (eg: effectiveness of snipers, squads without C2, leader bonus effects...). So, you'd think there should be an incentive rather than grabbing weapons and ammo.

I agree that it should be an option for the scenario designer that a player can gain points for buddy aid.

I agree that it should be an option for the scenario designer that a player can gain points for buddy aid.

That would be cool.

Playing a Huge scenerio right now.. "Loyalty is My Honor"

Some of my grenadiers got caught out in some Artillery fire... out of one squad... 5 men wounded out of 10. Sent another squad and a wounded driver to help them with buddy aid... Mortar fire came in.... no other injuries... I know what its like to come under fire.. you really would go into the gates of hell for your men.

Anyways I think it would be a good idea if buddy aid counted more then not recieving KIA's... although myself I always have my men perform buddy aid regardless.

Semper fi

Really? Buddy Aid has no effect on the final score?

So the only reason to aid a buddy is really just to gather weapons and ammo?

I usually have an XO (without a radio) running around giving buddy aid the whole game thinking of all the points he's saving.

Amazing he doesn't sound like Jacob Marley running around with all the weapons and ammo he's acquired.

It's a game in itself to send teams that only have rifles to WIA guys who had SMG's and LMG's so they can up-arm themselves. This is especially important in campaigns as they keep those new weapons in the next mission.

Yeah, but it sure looks damned funny when you have four machine gunners in one squad. They're a bit orcish in how much fire they lay down.

In the interest of good game design, successful buddy aid should be advantageous in the final score regardless of any weapons recovered. Can someone check? In fact there should be more BA given that the dead to wounded ratio in CM2 *seems* seriously skewed in favor of the former.