Coming soon - Abbaye D'Authie

On a hill.....

cmnormandy2012040221230.jpg

On the Buron - Authie road.....

cmnormandy2012040221234.jpg

Stands the Abbaye D'Authie.....

cmnormandy2012040221211.jpg

The 12th SS Hitlerjugend having recently retaken Authie want it back.....

cmnormandy2012040221242.jpg

And the Canadian North Nova Scotia Highlanders want it to advance on Authie.....

cmnormandy2012040221250.jpg

A meeting engagement for 1 or 2 companies, a bit of armour and some revenge led bloody fighting coming soon - HTH, Allies or Axis

Lovely-looking village map. That reminds me... are there any urban CMBN scenarios available?

i have a few ideas but i shy away from full on urban - there isnt that many buildings to choose from and it all starts to look a bit samey - that and i think the houses dont look anything like i want them to, no run down stone cottages, and no farm buildings - when i say farm buildings i mean a big farm house - theres either stables or houses - what the editor does excel in is rolling country side and bocage - which is what i suppose its supposed to! Whenever i zoom out of a map and say 'thats brilliant, thats exactly what i wanted it to look like' its always hills, forests, walls and fences - with the buildings its always a compromise

• 2 weeks later...

Authie - almost finished and then the AI - the AI should be nowhere near as bad as the AI for Carentan - its a meeting engagement with 1 shared VP goal and a seperate VP goal each:-

Authie just east of the Abbaye looking at the main town:-

cmnormandy2012041215521.jpg

The edge of town looking back down to Buron:-

cmnormandy2012041215534.jpg

The 12th SS Hitlerjugend HQ - as well as the Abbaye, a juicy VP target for the Canadians:-

cmnormandy2012041215544.jpg

cmnormandy2012041215555.jpg

Good looking map and the battle sounds great. Just one thing.....I'd lose the haystacks. They look a bit strange in what appears to be a ploughed field.

ha, brilliant - youre right

i was trying to get a 'just harvested' look about the fields but yes youre correct - ill change some of the field compositions around

im all out of ideas if anyone can help - i have one sherman in an AI group number 7 - he does as he is told, i have 2 shermans in an AI group number 8 - only 1 does as he is told, the other guy just sits there and never moves - does each tank need to be in its own AI group?

depends on the move order.

If the AI group has "assualt" or "advance", they will bound, one will advance one turn or two, stop then the other one will advance. Kind of like the assault order on infantry. The only order AFAIK that makes them all move together is "dash". Try that one :)

depends on the move order.

If the AI group has "assualt" or "advance", they will bound, one will advance one turn or two, stop then the other one will advance. Kind of like the assault order on infantry. The only order AFAIK that makes them all move together is "dash". Try that one :)

you sir are a genius - so it does - now i know how theyll behave ill let them carry on

yeah - that was the first problem i had!

I always try and create a big area for movement orders, the moves become more random then, and less predictable.

And hey, weve all had our learning curve in the editor, good thing is its like riding a bike, its not easily forgotten and makes things so much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

12th SS Hitlerjugend troops spy a tank advancing with troops determined to capture the abbey:-

cmnormandy2012042819444.jpg

Their armoured support, a Panther races past the vehicle depot and fuel dump to enagage the Allied tank:-

cmnormandy2012042819471.jpg

After covering the troops at the top of the hill, the Panther engages the Sherman from the back of the field in a hull down position, and at the very very end of the turn...........:-

cmnormandy2012042819573.jpg

On closer inspection it seems the skilled Allied crew got the first shot off - its in the distance impacting on the side of a barn - unlucky!!:-

cmnormandy2012042819575.jpg

Meanwhile on the other side of the map, the orchard is protected by heavy weapons and anti tank troops:-

cmnormandy2012042820135.jpg